Turn on thread page Beta

im a guy
    i have been really close friends with this girl (no love or sexual)
    but today i felt like she was really trying to replace me with someone else who was more related to her in certain ways, like the same bakground etc. and they got on well
    i was feeling a bit like an outsider
    this was sort of a new friend for her another guy
    i am close with her like i do everthing with her and help her a lot etc. but i feel like she gonna finish with me or something if i say that i felt uncomfortable she wont like that and shell think im a pussy

i just want to remain good friends with her, i want her to consider me as her first friend before anyone else, but today i felt like she jsut didnt want me there or just wanted me there because she wasnt suer initially about hangign out with this new friend

it worried me because i know how she is with other people and she gets rid of other friends easily if she doesnt like them, i never think that will happen to me, but now this new person has come and i feel like if i go a step wrong, all my efforts being her friends will just have been waste of my life and ill be pushed out of her life..

i kept this brief, i hope people understand my situation, i can write more if needed

please keep anon

just seeking some advice or thoughts

ReputationRep:
    Mate, the only thing you can do is talk to her honestly about the whole thing and see where she stands. I get it's all umming and ahhing atm, but you need to talk aand see where she stands to be able to put your mind at rest. Sorry if I'm being blunt. Only way though,

ReputationRep:
    She sounds lovely.

(Original post by Jabblez)
    Mate, the only thing you can do is talk to her honestly about the whole thing and see where she stands. I get it's all umming and ahhing atm, but you need to talk aand see where she stands to be able to put your mind at rest. Sorry if I'm being blunt. Only way though,
    shes one of those that is pretty chilled/doesnt care types
    shell say im overthinking and wtf etc.
    then it will probably make her want to be more distant with me
    thats why im relunctant to say anything and see if she changes her mind and comes back to me and doesnt get too excited over this new guy

(Original post by IlexBlue)
    She sounds lovely.

haha i know it sounds like she is a total ***** and stuff
    but i knew that about her and what i hve liked MOST about her so far is that its always been me and her being a ***** to others and weve agreed on people we dont like and stuff so far
    now this new guy comes along and she likes him and i dont think i fit in with the two of them so i feel outside and i dont think i can tel her

in brief
    its always been me and her VS the world ! (as weird as that may sound!) and i thought im something special to her because ive not been seen as rubbish compared to someone else yet but now this new person seems better to her i think

its more a problem because ive put so much time in being friends with her, equally she has too until today and i just want that to continue

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.