Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I will be doing a quantitive practical. I was only told that it's about "the effect of intracellular ion concentrations on model plant cells". I am really freaked out as I dont know wt to do and how to prepare. There are no past paper for referencing and I wonder if anyone can give me some help on this?

What are example questions for task like this? I couldnt find any specimen paper with such criteria

I have read some really oold thread which says that past questions are something like "effect of temperature on cell surface membrane". I will not be doing the same practical but i still want to know the pattern and style of questions for reference....

Can someone please help?

ReputationRep:
    The quantitative (minus the evaluative part) is only 10 marks and all you really have to do is carry out the experiment safely without breaking anything, get an alright pattern of results (sometimes you don't even need to do that) draw a graph, maybe calculate an average. Trick here is not to over think it.

If you're doing the evaluative as well, then you'll need to understand the reason you get the results that you do as you often have to describe and explain your results and say why they may not be accurate or why there might be anomalies, suggest how to improve the experiment etc.

Hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did mine today :/ but it was a different task to yours.

Do exactly as the person above said, and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annanoon918)
    I will be doing a quantitive practical. I was only told that it's about "the effect of intracellular ion concentrations on model plant cells". I am really freaked out as I dont know wt to do and how to prepare. There are no past paper for referencing and I wonder if anyone can give me some help on this?

What are example questions for task like this? I couldnt find any specimen paper with such criteria

I have read some really oold thread which says that past questions are something like "effect of temperature on cell surface membrane". I will not be doing the same practical but i still want to know the pattern and style of questions for reference....

Can someone please help?

Hi, how was the exam? Specifically the evaluative?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pasanfernando97)
    Hi, how was the exam? Specifically the evaluative?
    It's not very difficult- it's weeks ago so i dont really remember all the question- but they are quite straightforward- there was a question on water potential i think

ReputationRep:
    How are the questions on limitations and extensions?

ReputationRep:
    Any tips/tricks for the paper? What kinds of things or questions should we be expecting?

ReputationRep:
    Mine is tomorrow! I'm totally freaking out and don't know what to revise? Any tips?

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.