The Student Room Group

Who do you think should win the Balon D'or this year?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by qua
Argentina doesn't play for him now and he scored more for them in the WC qualification than CR did for Portugal. Not to mention he helped them to directly qualify, something that CR and Portugal failed to do.

Argentina are a much better team than Portugal. Portugal minus Ronaldo would never have qualified, but Argentina minus Messi would definitely have still done so. Your point is irrelevant.
Original post by Jordooooom
Funny how Ronaldo fans for the past 5 years have always argued that you can't simply compare him and Messi on stats (because Messi always came out on top). Now, finally Ronaldo is having a better season, coincidently the same season Messi has injury problems and all of a sudden Ronaldo fans are using stats to claim he is the best :lol:

Ronaldo has always been the best fullstop. I'm not sure what you're on about kid.
Original post by Litterbug
Argentina are a much better team than Portugal. Portugal minus Ronaldo would never have qualified, but Argentina minus Messi would definitely have still done so. Your point is irrelevant.

I dont think you can back up this crazy theory of yours.Portugal are just as good as Argentiana with the likes of Pepe ,coentrao, nani, Postiga, Meireles, Bruno and Almeida....
ronaldo
Original post by Litterbug
Ronaldo has always been the best fullstop. I'm not sure what you're on about kid.

You're deluded. Messi has consistently outscored and out-assisted him over the 5 past years (excluding this one). Not to mention he's a better team player and basically carries Barcelona. Something which Ronaldo does not with Madrid.
Original post by economist2
I dont think you can back up this crazy theory of yours.Portugal are just as good as Argentiana with the likes of Pepe ,coentrao, nani, Postiga, Meireles, Bruno and Almeida....

I also want to know how he could honestly believe that Argentina would qualify without Messi. I don't think he watches much international football tbh.
If your comparing aguero lavezzi, di maria, higuain masherano with nani coentrao and pepe, your dumb lol. Messi should have 0 stars weak foot in fifa too, he never ever scores with him his right foot, where as ronaldo always scores with his left
You do realise most of messi's international goals comes from friendlies ? and his hatrick vs brazil? that was against Brazil's B team. No neymar oscar hulk silva,luiz... lmao
At the end of the day, place ronaldo in any team he will perfom unlike messi, playing in the same dull league where there is no competition. Messi is not complete either, cant header, cant score w/ his right foot, cant do long shots, awful at penalities, cant jump, cant do any acrobatic goals, no diving heads, nothing lmao.
Reply 129
You're deluded. Messi has consistently outscored and out-assisted him over the 5 past years (excluding this one). Not to mention he's a better team player and basically carries Barcelona. Something which Ronaldo does not with Madrid.

:lolwut:
i know who will win it in 2014.

sexy sergio aguero.

remortgage the house, get another student loan, whatever. just put all the money you have on it.
Reply 131
I think this shows how much of a farce these awards are: http://www.fifa.com/ballondor/news/newsid=2237848/index.html?cid=twitter_fifacom

Casillas has been on the bench all year, yet he's nominated for the best GK award. Meanwhile Courtois, who has probably been the best GK all year, didn't even make the list. Most likely because he's not a household name. It's easy to question the other nominees as well, as there are plenty of other GKs that have been performing better than them, but whatever.
Original post by NowYouSeeMe
:lolwut:

Sorry, do you not watch football? Otherwise you'll have noticed Barca seriously struggle to score goals when Messi is absent as can be seen in the last couple of games this season and the end of the champions league last season. Ronaldo has admittedly saved Madrid many times due to individual brilliance but they still don't rely on Ronaldo as much as Barca rely on Messi. Especially considering they have Bale now...
Original post by Pistol 33
At the end of the day, place ronaldo in any team he will perfom unlike messi, playing in the same dull league where there is no competition. Messi is not complete either, cant header, cant score w/ his right foot, cant do long shots, awful at penalities, cant jump, cant do any acrobatic goals, no diving heads, nothing lmao.

We'll talk when Ronaldo breaks all 129 of Messi's records.
You do realise most of messi's international goals comes from friendlies ? and his hatrick vs brazil? that was against Brazil's B team. No neymar oscar hulk silva,luiz... lmao

Neymar,oscar,hulk,silva were playing.Luiz wasnt.So,team A,yeah.:wink:

That's funny considering Silva did play (got a yellow card), Neymar played and Hulk & Oscar both scored in that game :lol: :lol: try better troll.
Reply 136
The whole competition is a farce but Ronaldo is the most deserving, been on another level this year.
Reply 137
Sorry, do you not watch football? Otherwise you'll have noticed Barca seriously struggle to score goals when Messi is absent as can be seen in the last couple of games this season and the end of the champions league last season. Ronaldo has admittedly saved Madrid many times due to individual brilliance but they still don't rely on Ronaldo as much as Barca rely on Messi. Especially considering they have Bale now...

So Ronaldo's goals didnt win them the league in the 2011/2012 season? Ronaldo's goal didnt win them the copa del rey in 2010/2011? So Ronaldo's goals didnt win them the supercup in 2012? Stop being ignorant and stop being a messi fangirl. Both are equally important to thier teams! Plus messi has team mates which won the World Cup and back to back European titles so your saying Spain had Messi in all those wins? Please open your eyes
Original post by NowYouSeeMe
So Ronaldo's goals didnt win them the league in the 2011/2012 season? Ronaldo's goal didnt win them the copa del rey in 2010/2011? So Ronaldo's goals didnt win them the supercup in 2012? Stop being ignorant and stop being a messi fangirl. Both are equally important to thier teams! Plus messi has team mates which won the World Cup and back to back European titles so your saying Spain had Messi in all those wins? Please open your eyes

Can't you read? I never denied that he was important to his team... I specifically said that Madrid can manage better without him than Barca can without Messi. Wow, you're actually using the spain argument? hahaha don't know if you've noticed but Spain don't score many goals either... they're defence (including keeper) is FAR better than Barca's and that's why they usually win games by a small scoreline.
Reply 139
Can't you read? I never denied that he was important to his team... I specifically said that Madrid can manage better without him than Barca can without Messi. Wow, you're actually using the spain argument? hahaha don't know if you've noticed but Spain don't score many goals either... they're defence (including keeper) is FAR better than Barca's and that's why they usually win games by a small scoreline.

(Original post by Jordooooom)

'Something which Ronaldo does not with Madrid'
LOL You clearly state there that Ronaldo does not carry Madrid and nowhere in that comment does it state you said Madrid manage better without Ronaldo than without Messi for Barcelona. If you had said that then yes I would agree with you but no you didn't. The Spanish defense is Real Madrid and Barcelona. Casillas-Arberloa-Ramos-Pique Alba. Madrid this season have been leaking goals as evident in Laliga this season as they have 17 goals against them compared to Barca which has 7 goals. Spain's defense is weak, they win due to their midfield, heck they even put 4 past Italy in the EURO 2012 final without a recognised striker in their starting line up.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest