7.74%
Jordooooom
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by NowYouSeeMe)
(Original post by Jordooooom)
You're deluded. Messi has consistently outscored and out-assisted him over the 5 past years (excluding this one). Not to mention he's a better team player and basically carries Barcelona. Something which Ronaldo does not with Madrid.

'Something which Ronaldo does not with Madrid'
LOL you even deleted your comment since I couldn't find it anymore but fortunately its there since I replied to your comment. You clearly state there that Ronaldo does not carry Madrid and nowhere in that comment does it state you said Madrid manage better without Ronaldo than without Messi for Barcelona. If you had said that then yes I would agree with you but no you didn't. The Spanish defense is Real Madrid and Barcelona. Casillas-Arberloa-Pique Alba. Madrid this season have been leaking goals as evident in Laliga this season as they have 17 goals against them compared to Barca which has 7 goals. Spain's defense is weak, they win due to their midfield, heck they even put 4 past Italy in the EURO 2012 final without a recognised striker in their starting line up.
I never deleted anything, I think you should look again... My point still stands that he doesn't carry Madrid. Yes he is their most important player and he scores important goals but that doesn't mean he carries them... One of the main differences between the players is that Messi has far better decision making skills. He can spot passes only few others could see. Ronaldo would rather shoot from far out rather than pass and it very rarely works. He has scored 17 goals with a ridiculous 111 shots so far :lol: and people seriously try to argue that he is a better scorer?

It doesn't matter who's in defence for the Spain... the fact of the matter is they concede very few goals and they rarely score more than 3. How can you say they have a weak defence when they've only conceded 3 goals in the World cup qualifiers? :lol: compare that to Argentina's defence who have conceded 15 goals.. Oh and not to mention spain are no where near the top of the competition in terms of goals scored either...
Lyrical Prodigy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If Messi gets it again I swear down...

C'mon Ronaldo!
WeOnlyLiveOnce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ronaldo has to win it this year. By far the best player this year!
Pistol 33
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by economist2)
We'll talk when Ronaldo breaks all 129 of Messi's records.
Seeing that Neymar pic, ill just point out Bale>Divemar. We'll talk when messi plays in the EPL
Kutta
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Jonjo Shelvey deserves it
Jordooooom
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Pistol 33)
Seeing that Neymar pic, ill just point out Bale>Divemar. We'll talk when messi plays in the EPL
Why? EPL sucks...

But then again you proved earlier that you know nothing about football. Typical EPL fanboys
economist2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Messi scored 4 goals against Arsenal.Has Ronaldo ever scored 4 goals against an EPL team?

Neymar already has a title with barca and they're at the top of the table.He also scored and assisted in the El Clasico and Bale's just sitting their masturbating....
Malevolent
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Divemar you must be so creative :rolleyes:

Wonder how long it took for you to come up with that one genius.
Litterbug
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jordooooom)
I also want to know how he could honestly believe that Argentina would qualify without Messi. I don't think he watches much international football tbh.
So you're trying to tell me that a team with Aguero, Tevez, Mascherano,Di Maria, Higuain, Lamela, Lavezzi, Zabaleta, Garay etc.. wouldn't qualify? Are you sane? Doesn't seem like it.
Jordooooom
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Litterbug)
So you're trying to tell me that a team with Aguero, Tevez, Mascherano,Di Maria, Higuain, Lamela, Lavezzi, Zabaleta, Garay etc.. wouldn't qualify? Are you sane? Doesn't seem like it.
Most of them are attackers and can't even play at the same time... anyway just because a team has good individuals doesn't always mean they will be successful, look at France...
WoWZa
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Messi
little_wizard123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Messi's odds dropped from 12/1 to 5/4. Tempted to lay my bet now :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
KingMessi
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
At the end of the day, place ronaldo in any team he will perfom unlike messi, playing in the same dull league where there is no competition. Messi is not complete either, cant header, cant score w/ his right foot, cant do long shots, awful at penalities, cant jump, cant do any acrobatic goals, no diving heads, nothing lmao.
How can people still spout this vacuous tripe?
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Stop saying EPL ffs.
Malevolent
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by little_wizard123)
Messi's odds dropped from 12/1 to 5/4. Tempted to lay my bet now :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why did they drop so much?
little_wizard123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Malevolent)
Why did they drop so much?
Apparently some coaches released who they voted for.
Litterbug
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by KingMessi)
How can people still spout this vacuous tripe?
Probably because its true?
FlavaFavourFruit
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1386273957.244027.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  81.6 KB

Word.
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by FlavaFavourFruit)
Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1386273957.244027.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  81.6 KB

Word.

Made me do a lol.
Ben_K
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by NowYouSeeMe)
I've been hearing that FIFA has said that there would be 5 candidates this year so here are my top 4 contenders...

Ronaldo:
Will win because:
So far scored 63 goals this calendar year and he just can't stop scoring and has been phenomenal. Top scorer in Champions League

Won't win because:
No matter the amount of goals he has scored, he has no silverware to back up his astonishing 2013.

Messi:
Will win because:
45 goals so far in 2013 and has won his domestic league as well as being top scorer in Laliga with 46 goals.

Won't win because:
Simply has been unlucky with injuries as well as the fact that Barca got thumped in the semi finals by an impressive Bayern.

Ribery:
Will win because:
16 goals so far in 2013 and countless assists. Was fundamental in Bayern's treble winning season and won best European player of the year award. This definitely gives him the edge over Ronaldo and Messi.

Won't win because:
Goals wise, Ronaldo and Messi are far far superior and also the fact that from the quarters onwards of the Champions League, his performance level dropped slightly and robben took centre stage in the final. Moreover, many pundits are saying Bayern were an amazing 'team' and didn't rely solely on Ribery as well as the fact that there's a distinct possibility that he won't be present in the 2014 world cup (lost 2-0 to Ukraine in the 1st leg)

Ibrahimovic:
Will win because:
Has scored many marvellous goals this year (Goal against England is massively favourite to win Puskas award) and has led PSG to the French title in a long long time.
Along with Ronaldo, has started this season on fire.

Won't win because:
Many consider the French league to be weak compared to the other 3 top European Leagues

CONCLUSION:
In my opinion, I would believe its between Ribery and Ronaldo. I think Ronaldo would win it for 2013 although I do believe no player has won the Balon D'or without any silverware. Ribery has a huge opportunity to break the Duopoly on the Balon D'or but I just don't see him winning it for some odd reason.
Between King IBRA and Ronaldo I think. Would usually say Messi each year but due to injuries etc... I think Ronaldo deserves it this year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Are cats selfish

Yes (71)
57.72%
No (52)
42.28%

Watched Threads