Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i know a few people that went to oxford and are the most intimidating, annoying and self centred people.

is this the case because i want to go to there to study but i dont want to turn out like that. if so why do people become like that??

i dont want to offend anyone by the way

ReputationRep:
    "i also know a few people who donate to charity and are also as you describe above, therefore i shall not donate as i live in fear of turning out like that." No.

ReputationRep:
    i can't see a correlation between the university someone goes/went to and their behaviour as a person.

ReputationRep:
    No, it produces some of the hottest women in the world. British + hot + intellectually challenging + personality.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, in four years at Oxford I've met some of the nicest, most intelligent yet most self-depricating people in my life.

Of course Oxford produces jerks - where doesn't? However, the additional ones produced via a sense of superiority from the brand name are cancelled out by the people (who, by the way, often don't tell you they've been to Oxford) who are too intelligent to think that the name of their university is something other people will want to know about.

I'm sure yes, too many stuck up people this guy told me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Octohedral)
    Actually, in four years at Oxford I've met some of the nicest, most intelligent yet most self-depricating people in my life.

Of course Oxford produces jerks - where doesn't? However, the additional ones produced via a sense of superiority from the brand name are cancelled out by the people (who, by the way, often don't tell you they've been to Oxford) who are too intelligent to think that the name of their university is something other people will want to know about.
    This. Some of my best mates are from there, wacky lot.

ReputationRep:
    Some jerks go in, some jerks come out. It's not a jerk factory.

ReputationRep:
    Some of the most beautiful women in the world go to, or have graduated from, Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    Jerk chicken

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vashappeninkira)

i dont want to offend anyone by the way
    No, I bet you didn't.

ReputationRep:
    No, if anything it has the opposite effect. Those arrogant people who think they're going to rule the world with their three A*s at A-Level come to Oxford where they quickly end up at the bottom of the class :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plainview)
    Some jerks go in, some jerks come out. It's not a jerk factory.
    Apart from New and er, Magdalen. Oh and er, Woosta. << Warning - humour was intended.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Apart from New and er, Magdalen. Oh and er, Woosta. << Warning - humour was intended.
    As a corpuscle I can think of a few more...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.