Have you played with or against any players that went on to become professionals? Watch

TRS-T
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
And did they stand out at the level you played at?
flabbyjoe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
steven caulker was in my form group from year 7 - 11

he stood out athletically (was tall and strong), but didnt play center back like he does now. was unexpected when he went into tottenham's academy really
Itachi Uchiha.
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Raheem sterling, used to play football with him at school, and also in the Parks
tazarooni89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My cousin used to play at school with a certain Jerome Sinclair, who is apparently the youngest person to play for Liverpool's senior team. As I've heard, he was twice the usual size of a boy his age and very strong/powerful and could run very fast. They also used to play Rugby at our school, where he could have probably taken on an entire team by himself.
sparkysarmy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Played and trained with Dean Moxey from Crystal Palace. That's about it...
hollywoodbudgie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh, you were referring to football
TRS-T
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by tazarooni89)
My cousin used to play at school with a certain Jerome Sinclair, who is apparently the youngest person to play for Liverpool's senior team. As I've heard, he was twice the usual size of a boy his age and very strong/powerful and could run very fast. They also used to play Rugby at our school, where he could have probably taken on an entire team by himself.
Which school was it?
tazarooni89
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TRS-T)
Which school was it?
King Edward's School, Birmingham. Jerome Sinclair wasn't there for long though, just a couple of years.
Runninground
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
On of my primary school teachers went to school with David Seaman
That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Played alongside a guy who trained at the Man United academy, then suffered an injury and never made it back. He said he'd played alongside Macheda up front. He was a beautiful player to watch.
Deshi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Two friends of mine have payed against Chris Smalling.

I've played against a few academy players (at least four Chelsea one's, they're everywhere) who haven't made it yet.
Isometrix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Fraser Forster went to my school, although never got to play with him as he was quite a few years older.
Zürich
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Knew someone who was on the books at Spurs, but he was released at 16ish so wasnt exactly exceptional
Straight up G
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Played against a lot of people claiming to have been on Chelsea's books at some point, since I moved to uni. Played against a United youth who played with a Beckham top and used to get loads of late swerve on his shots. Played alongside one semi-pro DM, found myself in a one on one situation against him, just the keeper behind him. I waited for him to make the first move, he did, he lunged for the ball, I struck the ball with the outside of my boot, it megged him and swerved away from the keeper into the far corner from about 10 yards, one of the best goals I've ever scored.
Mackay
  • Entertainment Forum Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I played against Benik Afobe a few times and he never really stood out. My brother was three years older than me and played with Ciaran Clark for a season but said he never thought he was that talented.

Funny what a growth spurt can do to someone.
02simm
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
right now ive played against alot of players who are at academy. some of them play for england u17's and such. we'll see where they'll end up !
manchesterunited15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Played with and against several Oxford united u18 players
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Once played against a player that claimed to be on west ham books. Played with another supposedly charlton youth player.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (3)
42.86%
The paper was reasonable (0)
0%
Not feeling great about that exam... (1)
14.29%
It was TERRIBLE (3)
42.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise