Electronic/Electrical Engineering Universities! Watch

Yume
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
The time is running fast and I still don't have my 5 university choices! I am starting to stress out a bit.

Could anyone suggest out of my options as well as any other ones which would be the best and most reputable for electronic engineering universities?

So far I have:

Nottingham (AAA-ABB)
Birmingham (AAB)
Liverpool (ABB)
Possibly Loughborough? (ABB)

And I need one more with entry requirements of BBB or less but I'm not sure which one is any good :/ So any suggestions would be a gift from god . (Would Leicester be any good for electronic engineering)?

I have also been looking at Sheffield so if that or any other university would be a much better option than the ones I have mentioned then please say so.
Yume
Rep:
?
BUMP This is urgent
Smack
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why is it urgent? You have until the middle of January to apply.

Anyway they're all good universities as a whole, although some may have slightly better electrical & electronics departments than others, only open days and speaking to students at said universities can say.
pleasedtobeatyou
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Smack)
Why is it urgent? You have until the middle of January to apply.

Anyway they're all good universities as a whole, although some may have slightly better electrical & electronics departments than others, only open days and speaking to students at said universities can say.
Most sixth-forms have internal deadlines, so it gives them a chance to check through applications.
Yume
Rep:
?
Any suggestions which one has the best electrical/electronic department?
OllieGCSEs
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Yume)
Any suggestions which one has the best electrical/electronic department?
Do you want the best overall or the best for a certain grade range? I know that Southampton's ECS is pretty much the best in the country for electronics, and Imperial is pretty close to their standard (both A*AA typical offers)
ianlamb
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Manchester (MMU)
Tahnik
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Southampton is the top one. 2nd one will be Surrey

Posted from TSR Mobile
History98
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Aston university offers a 4 year MEng in EE that includes a 1 year industrial placement, so after 4 years you will have both a MEng and 1 year experience in industry!!!!

Read more HERE
OllieGCSEs
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by History98)
Aston university offers a 4 year MEng in EE that includes a 1 year industrial placement, so after 4 years you will have both a MEng and 1 year experience in industry!!!!

Read more HERE
Quite a lot of universities offer that, Southampton and Manchester certainly do, it's just that they might not offer it in the course details. You'd get onto a course and then request it while you're there. Definitely worth checking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hanna343
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Aston's electrical/electronic department is renowned
History98
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by OllieGCSEs)
Quite a lot of universities offer that, Southampton and Manchester certainly do, it's just that they might not offer it in the course details. You'd get onto a course and then request it while you're there. Definitely worth checking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No they don't....Most universities just give you the option of leaving the course for a year to undertake an industry placement, the placement isn't integrated, so you will end up spending 5 years getting the MEng instead of 4.

At Aston you get an industry placement but you don't stop studying, you will be taking EE courses through distance learning even when working and you still write exams, so in the end you have an MEng degree and 1 year industry experience after 4 years.
OllieGCSEs
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by History98)
No they don't....Most universities just give you the option of leaving the course for a year to undertake an industry placement, the placement isn't integrated, so you will end up spending 5 years getting the MEng instead of 4.

At Aston you get an industry placement but you don't stop studying, you will be taking EE courses through distance learning even when working and you still write exams, so in the end you have an MEng degree and 1 year industry experience after 4 years.
Sorry, I misunderstood what you said, I get it now. That actually sounds quite good, albeit quite challenging to pull off if you're working and studying at the same time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (52)
14.33%
The paper was reasonable (182)
50.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (88)
24.24%
It was TERRIBLE (41)
11.29%

Watched Threads