Questions on product: 5 in 1 wireless router and powerbank... Watch

jonnyh1994
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey all! I was just looking around on amazon trying to find an external battery for my phone and found this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/150Mbps-Mobi...powerbank+wifi

Though I have some questions for anyone that has one of these (or anything similar! I noticed they're pretty generic).
1. When I 'rebroadcast' the wifi signal for example my xbox, does it drain the battery of the dongle?
2. Is it safe? By this I mine could I possibly be buying a device with MITM abilities?

Thanks
mfaxford
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jonnyh1994)
Though I have some questions for anyone that has one of these (or anything similar! I noticed they're pretty generic).
1. When I 'rebroadcast' the wifi signal for example my xbox, does it drain the battery of the dongle?
2. Is it safe? By this I mine could I possibly be buying a device with MITM abilities?
1) if it's running from the battery then yes it's going to use the battery, if it's plugged into something providing power then it may not use the battery (or at least shouldn't use it much). To broadcast wifi it looks like it will need to be plugged into something like a 3G dongle so it may not be that useful at home (there's not a lot of info about what modes it can work in)

2) probably as safe as any other router you've bought.
jonnyh1994
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Ahh thanks! Decided not to get it in the end

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.66%
The paper was reasonable (389)
46.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (156)
18.51%
It was TERRIBLE (107)
12.69%

Watched Threads