Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Guys.
    My luck is beginning to turn!
    I've FINALLY been invited for an interview and OJE. But what am I to expect?
    What questions will they ask?
    What should I wear?

Please answer? Lol.
    Quite worried here..

ReputationRep:
    Hey did you have your interview? Haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RheSy)
    Hey, Guys.
    My luck is beginning to turn!
    I've FINALLY been invited for an interview and OJE. But what am I to expect?
    What questions will they ask?
    What should I wear?

Please answer? Lol.
    Quite worried here..
    Hi RheSy,

We have recently joined TSR community and we appreciate that your interview date has already passed. Nevertheless, we wanted to give you an overview of our expectations and advice on how to come across as your best self during interviews, with McDonald’s or elsewhere.

Our Crew Members are the backbone of our restaurants. They’re people who serve our customers, help prepare food in the kitchen and generally create a welcoming environment. For most people, they’re the face of McDonald’s. So friendliness, a cool head and a can-do attitude are vital, which is something that has to be demonstrated by candidates during the assessment day and interview.

We all know that first impressions matter. Before you have the chance to answer any questions, you already have made a first impression on the interviewer. So make sure you show up on time, dress smartly and set yourself up for the most successful interview possible from the moment you walk through the door.

Employers want to know you have the right qualities and attitude for the job. They are looking for potential. Think about situations where you have shown the right attitude and use examples to showcase your strengths.

Finally, it’s your chance to show you have done your research and understand what the role involves – and what makes you the prefect candidate for the job.

Hope this helps you in your career going forwards. In the meantime, we would love to hear how your interview went?

Best Wishes,
    [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    Hi RheSy,

We have recently joined TSR community and we appreciate that your interview date has already passed. Nevertheless, we wanted to give you an overview of our expectations and advice on how to come across as your best self during interviews, with McDonald’s or elsewhere.

Our Crew Members are the backbone of our restaurants. They’re people who serve our customers, help prepare food in the kitchen and generally create a welcoming environment. For most people, they’re the face of McDonald’s. So friendliness, a cool head and a can-do attitude are vital, which is something that has to be demonstrated by candidates during the assessment day and interview.

We all know that first impressions matter. Before you have the chance to answer any questions, you already have made a first impression on the interviewer. So make sure you show up on time, dress smartly and set yourself up for the most successful interview possible from the moment you walk through the door.

Employers want to know you have the right qualities and attitude for the job. They are looking for potential. Think about situations where you have shown the right attitude and use examples to showcase your strengths.

Finally, it’s your chance to show you have done your research and understand what the role involves – and what makes you the prefect candidate for the job.

Hope this helps you in your career going forwards. In the meantime, we would love to hear how your interview went?

Best Wishes,
    [email protected]

I had an interview, I've got the job and been sent the 'Ourlounge' and 'mystuff' login information, however I haven't been to a welcome meeting yet and I don't know when my first shift starts. I assume I wait for another email back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwka211)
    I had an interview, I've got the job and been sent the 'Ourlounge' and 'mystuff' login information, however I haven't been to a welcome meeting yet and I don't know when my first shift starts. I assume I wait for another email back?
    Hi,

Good to hear that your interview went well.

I would need to look into your individual record to determine if the email has already been sent to you inviting you to the Welcome Meeting.

Please feel free to send me a private message with your full name and email address you registered with and I'll be happy to advise.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best wishes,
    [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Good to hear that your interview went well.

I would need to look into your individual record to determine if the email has already been sent to you inviting you to the Welcome Meeting.

Please feel free to send me a private message with your full name and email address you registered with and I'll be happy to advise.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best wishes,
    [email protected]
    It's alright I had a text today explaining everything! I've got it tomorrow, what should I expect at the welcome meeting? How long will it last?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwka211)
    It's alright I had a text today explaining everything! I've got it tomorrow, what should I expect at the welcome meeting? How long will it last?

Thanks
    Thats great news!

Before you attend the Welcome Meeting, you will need to complete the online orientation through ourlounge.co.uk, which consists of Hygiene & Safety and Food Safety training. Also dont forget to take with you all of the documentation you are asked to bring, ie bank details, eligibility to work and uniform size. Further information is included in the email so make sure you click on all the links and take a look.

Welcome meetings normally last between 2 - 4 hours and will provide you with an introduction to all aspects of working at McDonald's. It is likely that there will be other new employees attending the Welcome Meeting also, so will give you a good chance to get to know other people in a simialr situation to yourself. You may get a tour of the restaurant and the chance to meet some of the management team if the Welcome Meeting is held in the restaurant you will be working in.

There will be alot of information given to you but it is also a chance for you to have your questions answered. If you forget to ask anything, dont worry as you can always ask your manager once you start working or look it up on ourlounge!

Most importantly, enjoy the session and welcome to McDonald's!

ReputationRep:
    Hi RheSy,

Best Wishes,
    [email protected]

I've finally got a job at McDonald's now!
    I start on Thursday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RheSy)
    I've finally got a job at McDonald's now!
    I start on Thursday!
    hi, i've got an interview at mcdonalds next week! what kind of questions do they ask you? I really want this job so I need to get it right!

ReputationRep:
    Heres how mine went. Went to the place, was many people, lady just asked me if I know where another one was. Went there, the manager just told me; The customers always right, was friendly.

Got a text two hours later, I had the job.

ReputationRep:
    Whereas I was meant to start on that Thursday two months ago, I didn't.. I actually started on the Saturday just gone..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 6, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.