Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey, I would like to do maths at edinburgh, for my as grades I got:
A maths
B chemistry
B physics
i resat one module in chemistry, but without the resit i still would have an overall B for chemistry. on the website it says that they want everything in one sitting, will it hurt my chances that ive resat a module even though i got the required grades the first time?

also, is it worth applying at all to edinburgh with these grades, im guessing the maths course at edinburgh is quite competitive??
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by JohnGreen)
Hey, I would like to do maths at edinburgh, for my as grades I got:
A maths
B chemistry
B physics
i resat one module in chemistry, but without the resit i still would have an overall B for chemistry. on the website it says that they want everything in one sitting, will it hurt my chances that ive resat a module even though i got the required grades the first time?

also, is it worth applying at all to edinburgh with these grades, im guessing the maths course at edinburgh is quite competitive??
The phrasing is misleading. What they mean is resits which result in your repeating a year. Module repeats are fine.
JohnGreen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by carnationlilyrose)
The phrasing is misleading. What they mean is resits which result in your repeating a year. Module repeats are fine.
Oh, really? Thats great, thanks for the help!
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by JohnGreen)
Oh, really? Thats great, thanks for the help!
No prob. I phoned them and asked the same question when my son applied. Good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (56)
5.72%
Fairly positive (304)
31.05%
Just another year... (387)
39.53%
Is it 2020 yet? (232)
23.7%

Watched Threads