The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Worth applying to edinburgh with resits?

Hey, I would like to do maths at edinburgh, for my as grades I got:
A maths
B chemistry
B physics
i resat one module in chemistry, but without the resit i still would have an overall B for chemistry. on the website it says that they want everything in one sitting, will it hurt my chances that ive resat a module even though i got the required grades the first time?

also, is it worth applying at all to edinburgh with these grades, im guessing the maths course at edinburgh is quite competitive??
Original post by JohnGreen
Hey, I would like to do maths at edinburgh, for my as grades I got:
A maths
B chemistry
B physics
i resat one module in chemistry, but without the resit i still would have an overall B for chemistry. on the website it says that they want everything in one sitting, will it hurt my chances that ive resat a module even though i got the required grades the first time?

also, is it worth applying at all to edinburgh with these grades, im guessing the maths course at edinburgh is quite competitive??

The phrasing is misleading. What they mean is resits which result in your repeating a year. Module repeats are fine.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by carnationlilyrose
The phrasing is misleading. What they mean is resits which result in your repeating a year. Module repeats are fine.

Oh, really? Thats great, thanks for the help!
Original post by JohnGreen
Oh, really? Thats great, thanks for the help!

No prob. I phoned them and asked the same question when my son applied. Good luck. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending