Group Assessments Watch

Zero 1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Most of the jobs I am applying to have a group assessment or task, and I am really bad at them. When I ask for feedback it's always the group element where I fail. At the most recent one I was told that my one to one interview was extremely good, and I had detailed answers, and they would have given me the job if it was just the interview, but my performance in the group task was the problem.
I have tried to use the feedback each time to improve, and I have looked into online guides, but there always seems to be something. Does anyone have any advice on how to succeed at group Assessments?

I attended one last year that was very intense (this was for a job that I really wanted) and there were a lot of older candidates with a lot of management experience and I just got destroyed. I am doing this one again in a few weeks and I have another one coming up for one of my other main options, and I really don't want to mess it up again. I'm not really sure how to be good at these exercises, and there never seems to be a chance to say much, and my points never seem to get much attention. How do I make my points stand out in these discussions?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (222)
22.75%
The paper was reasonable (440)
45.08%
Not feeling great about that exam... (176)
18.03%
It was TERRIBLE (138)
14.14%

Watched Threads