How to prepare yourself for A-Level exams? Watch

passionate27
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello,

I'm currently studying Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths at AS.

I've been so caught up with all the school work and homework I haven't really started proper revision for the exams coming. All my exams are in May and June, I don't have any January exams.

If you have already done AS or doing them, please let me know some of the things I shoud be doing from now on to be able to get good grades at the end of AS.

I am finding it difficult to spread my time around with all of my subjects because I find some more difficult then others. Would that be a problem?

Any advice would be very useful. Thanks in advance :tsr:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jophesxi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Cry.

Okay, maybe not, but you might find yourself doing this at some point

I recommend ordering revision books for each of your subjects and making notes using both this and your textbook to ensure you encompass all points on the syllabus (Which I also recommend you print off so you can tick when you've met a target)

As you go along, finishing a topic, answer questions relating to this. If you get questions wrong, use the mark scheme to improve your answers, or use the mark scheme to create a model answer so you know; if you get a question similar to the one you answered, how to answer it.

When it comes closer to the exams, and you're sure you know all you need to know, use exam papers to prepare. You could do one in one sitting as if it were the exam, or spread it out and give yourself a break to refresh your memory. You could also do the exam with your notes beside you if you get stuck.

Good luck!
JaysonxNg
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's seen hard but it isn't that hard.
All the further maths stuff you will learn. It's just like "extra-maths". Well I'm self teach myself physics now and A2 maths along the side. I recommend if you have spare money or your parent care about your education then try to get tutor.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (74)
21.83%
The paper was reasonable (149)
43.95%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
17.7%
It was TERRIBLE (56)
16.52%

Watched Threads