Cheap energy for life! Watch

The_Internet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Well a bit of an exaggeration, considering this site could stop at any point, and here's what I've joined pretty recently:
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub

No affiliate links, or any reward going to me. Just thought I'd help out

For myself, it doesn't make that much of a difference, because atm, I'm living on a second floor flat (heat rises, blah blah blah) and we're not in for most of the day, so our annual electricity consumption is around 2000KwH, and gas around 9000KwH, based on the last couple of months any way

I've managed to get a pretty measly £13 saving by switching electricity to another tariff, and I was also going to get a £6 saving (measly, but every little helps ) by switching to Daligas one, but atm they don't serve customers who get gas from independent gas transporters (who knew we were supplied by them), so we're stuck with Better Energy for gas atm

http://www.energylinx.co.uk/independ...ansporters.htm

With my parents house, I was able to get far more substantial savings - like switching from m&s energy to edf price+blue promise with savings of around £200+

And I've switched them from an npower tariff to the npower price fix april 2015 tariff for gas, with a saving of £335.71

Not bad Though I do wish they'd do direct debits and save more...
placenta medicae talpae
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This'll help me save de monies.
The_Internet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by placenta medicae talpae)
This'll help me save de monies.
It definitely will. I think if I'm correct wevr only actually used 150kwH of gas in around 12 weeks which means that equigas is our cheapest quote for the year

I mean its VERY cheap if we use 2808KwH or less/year And it's not for profit which is pretty cool though the more you use it can be more expensive than the others. I assume because they can't buy so much in bulk as the others can

Its also not very competitive on electricity prices either. At all.

Considering that so far weve managed to use 150KwH in 3 months (if Ive read the metre correctly), I doubt we could even manage to use 233kwH/month so I might switch gas VERY soon because of the substantial difference in cost

2000KwH at a cost of 5.5p/KwH is around £110/year

And if we only use around 600KwH/year thats £33/YEAR!

I think better energy have standing charges and equigas dont hence why theres a substantial saving available to us

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (143)
21.22%
The paper was reasonable (329)
48.81%
Not feeling great about that exam... (126)
18.69%
It was TERRIBLE (76)
11.28%

Watched Threads