Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hello, so i was wondering how do other people cope with this as last year i was doing my A levels and ended up with a D,E,U.
    my parents was really disappointed so was i, after this result i decided i am going to retake the entire and change to subjects that i like and go to a school where i know no one. so since at the start of the academic year i have been working hard i am getting at the moment ABCC, within my subjects which i am proud of myself but the problem is my parents always look at the bad think and thy always put me down saying i keep getting D's AND U's(referring to last year)they do this everytime they see me relaxing and they dont seem to acknowledge me when im studying 3 hours perday, and sometimes when i get like C or D on a test their like your going to fail again stop always using the internet, this then hurts and it makes me feel like i want to give up and also feels like their is no hope for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrdetermination)
    feels like their is no hope for me.
    But your mrdetermination

ReputationRep:
    It seems as if they only want the best for you and want you to do well. Just be glad that they're not some strict religious crazy Asian family that I frequently hear about on here, that would disown you for failing. If they didn't keep the pressure on then perhaps you would be more likely to fall behind and do badly again ?

ReputationRep:
    What age are you then, 16 or so?
    You are old enough to have a mature conversation with your parents. It is totally normal for them to be disappointed especially if they have high expectations of you and to dwell on the Ds and Us you got.
    Try to talk to them in a calm and mature way so they can start considering you as an adult. Explain to them that you are disappointed in yourself as well for the bad grades, but you are on the right track now, doing subjects you enjoy and working 3 hours per day. Explain to them that you feel upset when they put you down like this. Tell that they should trust you from now on to succeed in your studies because you have learned from your mistakes and you would really appreciate your their support rather than constant criticism. Just remember to talk to them as an adult to an adult, otherwise they won't consider you like an adult.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nic-nac)
    It seems as if they only want the best for you and want you to do well. Just be glad that they're not some strict religious crazy Asian family that I frequently hear about on here, that would disown you for failing. If they didn't keep the pressure on then perhaps you would be more likely to fall behind and do badly again ?
    Hi, how are you today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mickey the idiot)
    Hi, how are you today?
    Cold ... do I know you ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nic-nac)
    Cold ... do I know you ?
    Yeah, it is a bit nippy! Wuu2 today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mickey the idiot)
    Yeah, it is a bit nippy! Wuu2 today?
    I've seen your other posts ... you don't know me at all, I'm assuming. If you were on my uni course you could probably guess who I am by my username and posts, but no one else could.

ReputationRep:
    Gosh that sounds so similar to my parents, although they're Asian so it's all good.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.