Smart-casual dress code for interview Watch

podrodow1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Next week I have an interview at University with a "smart-casual" dress code. Now, I'm a bit confused as to what to wear as it seems a bit broad, if anyone could help me that would be great. I was originally thinking black chinos with a shirt etc. But, would black jeans be allowed? and what shoes are generally acceptable. I'm a bit confused aha :confused:
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by podrodow1)
Next week I have an interview at University with a "smart-casual" dress code. Now, I'm a bit confused as to what to wear as it seems a bit broad, if anyone could help me that would be great. I was originally thinking black chinos with a shirt etc. But, would black jeans be allowed? and what shoes are generally acceptable. I'm a bit confused aha :confused:
To be safe (although some will break this ) no suit (non-matching jacket and trousers permissible), no jeans, no tie under 35, no trainers.
tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nulli tertius)
To be safe (although some will break this ) no suit (non-matching jacket and trousers permissible), no jeans, no tie under 35, no trainers.
?
podrodow1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by nulli tertius)
Ok, so would school sort of shoes be acceptable?
nulli tertius
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by tehforum)
?
A mature man in a sports jacket and tie will not look out of place. A young one will look overdressed.
nulli tertius
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ok, so would school sort of shoes be acceptable?
Yes.
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
Smart casual seems like such a tricky thing to dress for :erm:
cambio wechsel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Next week I have an interview at University with a "smart-casual" dress code.
what university and course has a dress code for interview? I'm supposing business or medicine. When I recall the state of the lecturers when I went for interview, you'd have to suppose the dress code for their side of it was "egg in beard" with matching socks optional and perhaps thought an eccentricity.

Wear what you want. **** 'em. If they're going to be influenced by what you wear, you mightn't want to be going there, and this not merely on point of principle.
nic-nac
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd say formal shoes (school shoes are fine), chinos/trousers (no jeans, school trousers would do, but they don't have to be black/grey), a shirt (could be colourful, but not over the top) and a nice jumper/cardigan on top seeing as it's cold.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (221)
22.97%
The paper was reasonable (430)
44.7%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.09%
It was TERRIBLE (137)
14.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise