Need new driving instructor Watch

Joeey009
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So basically my driving instructor's dad died and he can't teach me until December and my test is in January
I need someone new does anyone have any experience with AA i want to go with them...?
Just checked billplant they look good anyone had any lessons with 'em?
abc143
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Joeey009)
So basically my driving instructor's dad died and he can't teach me until December and my test is in January
I need someone new does anyone have any experience with AA i want to go with them...?
Just checked billplant they look good anyone had any lessons with 'em?
hey im with AA at the moment they are very nice I believe better then red or bsm try AA im sure you will like them.... good luck
Joeey009
Rep:
?
With the AA there's only a woman available when im avaliable lol i don't want a woman teaching me not being sexist or anything but rather have a male..
shake96
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What's wrong with having a female instructor?
Peaches and Cream
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
With the AA there's only a woman available when im avaliable lol i don't want a woman teaching me not being sexist or anything but rather have a male..
Not being sexist or anything...except you are.

Douche.

Any reasoning to that utter nonsense?
Henrikh
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
look for a recommendation of an instructor rather than a driving school.
Joeey009
Rep:
?
I just want a male....
How's that being sexist it may look like it but i'd rather have a male well because i think ill connect more with them and think they can teach me more from my opinion.
Study_Guru
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i think ill connect more with them and think they can teach me more from my opinion.
Thinking you'll connect with a male more is one thing but saying they'll teach you more is ignorant and sexist. Saying you're not sexist and then saying something sexist is hypocritical..

now that we've gotten that out the way, I have a female driving instructor and she teaches me proficiently, very detailed, very friendly, very knowledgeable; relates other students stories to mine in certain scenarios and has the decency to want to converse. I can open up to her about any qualms I'm having and it's all good! I had a male instructor but had to change as I moved to Brunel and that was an hour and a half away. Although my previous instructor was good, my current one in my opinion is better.. and she's a female (not that it matters but i'm just proving a point).
Sparklees
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nothing wrong with preferring a male instructor. If a female said she would prefer a female instructor I bet no one would say anything about being 'sexist'. Its his personal choice and his money so he can choose whatever instructor he likes
TehMaestro
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Sparklees)
Nothing wrong with preferring a male instructor. If a female said she would prefer a female instructor I bet no one would say anything about being 'sexist'. Its his personal choice and his money so he can choose whatever instructor he likes
Finally someone talking some sense
Sgt.Incontro
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Peaches and Cream)

Douche.

Over-reaction much?

What a joy it must be to people around you who have to put up with this.. :rolleyes:

Again, as another posted said, if the tables were turned, I bet nobody would be crying out "sexism". OP prefers a male, nothing wrong with that, get over it.
Joeey009
Rep:
?
Just had my first lesson with the new driving instructor (male) think it went really good even though i stalled like 3 times lol it was a petrol car the last one was a diesel.
gustavus
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Sgt.Incontro)
Over-reaction much?

What a joy it must be to people around you who have to put up with this.. :rolleyes:

Again, as another posted said, if the tables were turned, I bet nobody would be crying out "sexism". OP prefers a male, nothing wrong with that, get over it.
Except that the reasons are different...... Women often want female instructors as they are fed up of a perving male instructors.... Not that they think men less competent....!!

Btw it sounds profoundly stupid saying - 'I'm not being sexist but..' , when the next statement is profoundly sexist...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Xabier
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Peaches and Cream)

Douche.

Quite a few males would rather have a male instructor. Not because they're sexist but because its generally easier to get along with another male with no uncomfortableness.
Sgt.Incontro
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by gustavus)
Except that the reasons are different...... Women often want female instructors as they are fed up of a perving male instructors.... Not that they think men less competent....!!

Btw it sounds profoundly stupid saying - 'I'm not being sexist but..' , when the next statement is profoundly sexist...

So you're saying that a lot of male instructors are pervs? Generalising much? Female instructors can also be pervs too. Pervs aren't gender specific! Perhaps the OP doesn't want a perv either? :rolleyes:
gustavus
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm not saying they all are!! However, there are certainly enough!! Have heard too any accounts of perving instructors not to believe it....

gustavus
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Also some generalisations do have truth underlying them.... Hence the generalisation....

Yes, agree some women are pervs too.... Only have to read recent accounts of female teachers being struck off for inappropriate relationships with male pupils....

Most pervs are male tho... You only have to look at power imbalance, societal narratives of young women/older men, to see this is the case!

TheNomBurger
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's okay to prefer a certain gender, if that's what you're comfortable with. But assuming a "Male can teach you more" is outrageous.
Walkaah
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's just personal preference I suppose. I was taught by a male, and it wouldn't have been a problem if I were taught by a female. Just one of those things!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (104)
19.05%
The paper was reasonable (274)
50.18%
Not feeling great about that exam... (109)
19.96%
It was TERRIBLE (59)
10.81%

Watched Threads