Unconditional offers Watch

goodmummy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I see that quite a few people with unconditional offers are planning to insure with them. Does anyone know if that is definitely possible? I've trawled the information available and can't find anything that suggests that you can't, but I know that the Birmingham ones are only applicable if firmed. Hoping that isn't the case here!
thatdedmanfellow
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As far as I can make out putting Leicester as an Insurance choice doesn't affect the Unconditional status of it. Birmingham's seems unusual - something of an Unconditional offer but with Conditions.

I'm going to eMail Leicester and see what the official line is, but as far as I can tell at the moment there are no conditions attached to the offer.
goodmummy
Rep:
?
(Original post by thatdedmanfellow)
As far as I can make out putting Leicester as an Insurance choice doesn't affect the Unconditional status of it. Birmingham's seems unusual - something of an Unconditional offer but with Conditions.

I'm going to eMail Leicester and see what the official line is, but as far as I can tell at the moment there are no conditions attached to the offer.
Thank you, that was what I thought too. I would be very interested to hear what they say to you.
thatdedmanfellow
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Reply from Leicester was prompt, and the key bit is as follows:

I can confirm that the unconditional offer has no conditions and will not be affected by the decision you process. Therefore, if your select the University of Leicester as your Firm choice you will have an Unconditional Firm offer, alternatively if we are the insurance choice you will have an Unconditional Insurance offer. Please note that you will not be able to process decisions on UCAS Track until you have responses from all the institutions you have applied to.

If you select the University of Leicester as your Firm choice you will be in an advantageous position to apply for accommodation, once the accommodation applications open in March you will be able to apply and would be allocated accommodation within fifteen days of applying.
So it looks like we were right!
goodmummy
Rep:
?
(Original post by thatdedmanfellow)
Reply from Leicester was prompt, and the key bit is as follows:

So it looks like we were right!
Thank you! Yes it does - which is great to know.
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Can't you just make the decision on which you want to go, if you hold unconditional offers. What reason is their to insure them, as you'll be eligible for a place in your firm choice regardless? Or have I been misinformed
thatdedmanfellow
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
We're going on the basis that your Firm choice is Conditional, while your Insurance choice is Unconditional. In this case, the Insurance is a definite fallback.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Leicester
    Undergraduate Open Days - #LaunchYourself at Leicester Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Jun '19
    Fri, 5 Jul '19
    Sat, 14 Sep '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (386)
30.88%
The paper was reasonable (491)
39.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (217)
17.36%
It was TERRIBLE (156)
12.48%

Watched Threads