How should I reply to my boss? Watch

JayPlays
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey

Basically, I went to the doctors yesterday. I have Otitis externa, basically, a huge infection boil on the inside of my ear. It's pussing, I'm completely deaf in that ear as a result of it, the pressure and pain on said ear is also excruciating. I've got ear drops to take, antibiotics and I'm hitting the painkillers :P

I text my boss to let him know that I won't be in tomorrow (I'm a butcher at Sainsbury's). But he said I should buy myself a head dressing and come to work on the shop floor. He's pretty persistent, how should I reply to him?
Cucurbita
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No way can you go into work like that. Tell him what you just told us.
JayPlays
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Cucurbita)
No way can you go into work like that. Tell him what you just told us.
I did, he said that we doos head dresses at the store (http://shop.jobskin.co.uk/content/im...ssing_300.jpeg) and that if I wore one, I could work on the shop floor :L
Cucurbita
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by JayPlays)
I did, he said that we doos head dresses at the store (http://shop.jobskin.co.uk/content/im...ssing_300.jpeg) and that if I wore one, I could work on the shop floor :L
Haha that is hilarious
Tell him you can't work not because of the boil itself, but because of the intense pain. He seems to think the only problem is covering it up.
ohhello92x
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just tell him you're in a lot of pain and it's preventing you from being able to concentrate, or something like that..
deedee123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Pretty rude of him, i'm sure he's never had a day off work in his life has he....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (196)
30.25%
The paper was reasonable (262)
40.43%
Not feeling great about that exam... (110)
16.98%
It was TERRIBLE (80)
12.35%

Watched Threads