Is there a type of retainer that can move your teeth back to a straight position? Watch

whisperingtears
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Long story short, I lost my retainer and my teeth have shifted so if I do get a new mould, I don't see the point because they still won't be perfectly straight. Is there a type of retainer that can actually shift your teeth instead of keeping them in the same position? E.g. If they can make me a pair of my first retainers(which I highly doubt)

Any suggestions? I don't want them to shift back to their old position soon!
Mickey the idiot
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by whisperingtears)
Long story short, I lost my retainer and my teeth have shifted so if I do get a new mould, I don't see the point because they still won't be perfectly straight. Is there a type of retainer that can actually shift your teeth instead of keeping them in the same position? E.g. If they can make me a pair of my first retainers(which I highly doubt)

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to your question, but, how are you today, wuu2?
whisperingtears
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mickey the idiot)
I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to your question, but, how are you today, wuu2?
-.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mickey the idiot
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
-.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Like, what are you doing today, what are your plans?
username1150116
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Going by what my orthodontist said when my braces were (finally) taken off, I don't think you can correct teeth position with retainers, only maintain them.
If they made your old retainers again for you they just wouldn't fit. Depending on how much they've shifted of course, if its not a lot you might get away with it.
Could be wrong though.
whisperingtears
Rep:
?
(Original post by seyrose)
Going by what my orthodontist said when my braces were (finally) taken off, I don't think you can correct teeth position with retainers, only maintain them.
If they made your old retainers again for you they just wouldn't fit. Depending on how much they've shifted of course, if its not a lot you might get away with it.
Could be wrong though.
Can they actually make my old retainers for me? I think they will fit, although they'd kill but I'm willing to go through that. I really want my old retainers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
chelseafan
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nope. You'd need braces again or invasalign.
username1150116
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Can they actually make my old retainers for me? I think they will fit, although they'd kill but I'm willing to go through that. I really want my old retainers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Probably not as to make them they need to take the mould from your teeth. So unless they kept the original mould (which I doubt) then they can't be made.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

no, you'd need braces again which you might have to pay for this time.
whisperingtears
Rep:
?
Thanks guys (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (491)
31.1%
The paper was reasonable (608)
38.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (258)
16.34%
It was TERRIBLE (222)
14.06%

Watched Threads