Turn on thread page Beta

TV Presenter causes outrage after she poses with the lion she has just killed. watch

ReputationRep:
    Link - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...he-killed.html

What do you think of this ? ?

Discuss.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not feeling outraged

ReputationRep:
    Bachman? Wow it all makes sense how she has her job if she's related to a ****ing **** politician.

ReputationRep:
    What do I think of it?

I don't ****ing care.

People all over the world pay big ****ing sums of money, and I mean huge amounts to head over to Africa and kill one of the big 5. This happens all the time, it isn't like she was the first person to do this in the last decade or anything like that.

Yet someone 'famous' kills a lion and all of a sudden it is an 'outrage' apparently.

How much money are these 'outraged' people donating each year to the likes of the IUCN or other various organisations that tackle such problems. Or even more specific, on the ground organisations? Not a ****ing penny for the vast majority of them I'd bit. Yet here they are slamming some wee lass because she did something that I happening all the ****ing time.

ReputationRep:
    what next... Trevor McDonald shooting dolphins ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    what next... Trevor McDonald shooting dolphins ?
    Dr. Tre would never hurt a dolphin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Et Tu, Brute?)
    Dr. Tre would never hurt a dolphin.
    i was more outraged by the one who did not wear a poppy tbh

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's disgusting. Hopefully she'll be banned from South Africa.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Algorithm69)
    What an awful *****. Love Ricky Gervais' comment.
    That made me laugh too haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Don't understand what she feels she has achieved by killing those poor animals.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    stupid *****

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't actually have a problem if she used 'manpower' weapons like a bow & arrow, spear, etc. Then it's animal vs animal.

Shooting an animal for a trophy with a high-powered rifle from god-knows how far away makes you a cowardly piece of ****. There's nothing to boast of, apart from your ability to shoot something from far away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Architecture-er)
    I wouldn't actually have a problem if she used 'manpower' weapons like a bow & arrow, spear, etc. Then it's animal vs animal.

Shooting an animal for a trophy with a high-powered rifle from god-knows how far away makes you a cowardly piece of ****. There's nothing to boast of, apart from your ability to shoot something from far away.
    i have a problem with killing vulnerable animals for no reason at all

ReputationRep:
    Not nice seeing animals killed for fun - especially those which other people are trying so hard to conserve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy96)
    Don't understand what she feels she has achieved by killing those poor animals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Her name all over the internet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hatsuko)
    i have a problem with killing vulnerable animals for no reason at all
    A lion is only vulnerable if you're assassinating it from half a mile away, though.

If she kills one without high-powered tech then she deserves it, and that's something to show off, your hunting prowess. Killing a deer can be eaten and aren't endangered, etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    she deleted her twitter and facebook lol

ReputationRep:
    A lion is only vulnerable if you're assassinating it from half a mile away, though.
    i mean lions are classified as vulnerable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Luckily for her the hunting community probably supports her, or I reckon she wouldn't be long for this world :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Would it ever be an equal fight though?

Even if she had a bow and arrow and got closer to it, I'd bet she would have a couple of helpers nearby ready to blow the thing away if it looked like the lion was going to win.

An even battle is her, on her own and unarmed. Even then it is a bit a of a **** move; leave the damn thing alone for Christ's sake.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 18, 2013
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.