Dating people that don't text very much? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Been on a few dates with this guy and he seems keen to see each other again - he mentioned I should come out with his friends like on a night out, and we're going out again tomorrow.. thing is we just don't talk much, like one or two texts a day - fairly longish texts but still, it feels like he's not that interested because he doesn't text often (texted him last night at about 10 but haven't heard back), but then again he still seems keen to go out?

I find it kinda weird, maybe he's just busy, or maybe he just doesn't like texting. I've never been with someone like that though, I'm used to people being full on. Are people like this? It makes me think he might not see this as a serious potential relationship whereas I do..?
Anonymous #2
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Been on a few dates with this guy and he seems keen to see each other again - he mentioned I should come out with his friends like on a night out, and we're going out again tomorrow.. thing is we just don't talk much, like one or two texts a day - fairly longish texts but still, it feels like he's not that interested because he doesn't text often (texted him last night at about 10 but haven't heard back), but then again he still seems keen to go out?

I find it kinda weird, maybe he's just busy, or maybe he just doesn't like texting. I've never been with someone like that though, I'm used to people being full on. Are people like this? It makes me think he might not see this as a serious potential relationship whereas I do..?
It's kind of sad that we now rely on technology for cues as to whether someone likes us. Isn't it enough that he wants to spend time with you?
dasolja123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

do u know him well enough? maybe hes not used to a relationship or something and doesnt want to ruin it by being full on....
theorangebox
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wow. xD

It's just how some people are, haha. You're overanalysing it. I don't think I've ever sent more than a handful of texts in a day to anyone I've been dating in my life. Even with my boyfriend of two years, it's rare we go above three or four. I don't know. It's not either of us have ever been antisocial or distant, it's just that texts are...well, they're just texts. I don't see the point in sending loads unless I have stuff to talk about. And if I have that much stuff, I'll talk to him in person, you know? I don't want to speak for my partners, present and past, but I get the impression they've been much the same. To me, the idea of texting all the time is as alien as the idea of not doing it is to you!

Chill!
sausageez
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
yeah i used to date someone like that, it got on my nerves soo much, he only used to text to confirm the time for meeting up but i was always sending him all the random things that happen during my day and he'd reply like 4 hrs after

u just have to get used to it for now and maybe bring it up later and it's up to him whether he wants to start texting more often or not, some ppl just dont see the point in texting :/
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Some people, myself included, just don't like using texts for "chatting." It's antisocial to be on your phone the whole time if you're with other people, and it's generally just an irritating way to have a conversation. I don't mind the odd funny comment here and there but don't always think that everything warrants a reply.

If he's replying to messages about meeting up etc, and sticking to plans you've made, I wouldn't read anything into his reluctance to enter an endless stream of text banter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
nic-nac
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My boyfriend hardly ever texts me, but that's because he's dyslexic ...
tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
christ

sad state of affairs when you rely on the frequency of texting to determine whether someone is datable or not

Studentus-anonymous
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
Some people, myself included, just don't like using texts for "chatting." It's antisocial to be on your phone the whole time if you're with other people, and it's generally just an irritating way to have a conversation. I don't mind the odd funny comment here and there but don't always think that everything warrants a reply.

If he's replying to messages about meeting up etc, and sticking to plans you've made, I wouldn't read anything into his reluctance to enter an endless stream of text banter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This.

Would rep if I had it.

Different people just react to texting differently, like phoning.

I don't mind texting too much (but I am prone to not texting too much as well) and I can talk face to face quite well, I feel completely comfortable doing it.

But god I just find phone calls awkward. I don't know why but beyond the bones of what I need to phone someone about, everything else is just really not my thing.

As Helenia says, if he still wants to meet up and he sticks to those meet ups and face to face you guys have good chemistry and he seems generally enthusiastic, then that's all that matters.

Don't let something like texting rule your relationships.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (185)
29.94%
The paper was reasonable (251)
40.61%
Not feeling great about that exam... (108)
17.48%
It was TERRIBLE (74)
11.97%

Watched Threads