A bit of a situation here Watch

ct2k7
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Basically, I started two modules in February.

Around June of this year, things became unstable and difficult in life, and with the advise of my tutor at the time, I submitted an assessment late, but she managed to persuade me to stay on rather than defer. Things became very bad after that, and although I had submitted my assessment, it wasn't readable (file became corrupted somehow) and I shortly deferred until September. I was advised by student services that I'd be able to re-submit those assessments.

Now, it's November, and my new tutor, the regional lead for the module have put forward a case to the examining board for me to resubmit the assessments in the module. From what they've heard, it's not looking good, and it would appear that for me to pass the module, I'd need to get at least 85 on the last TMA (not counting the EMA). iCMAs don't count obviously. My tutor is concerned with the way it's being handled as is the module lead for the region. What am I meant to be doing? I've contacted the OU, but they've told me to wait.

All of this is based on the fact that I was told that I'd be able to resubmit the assessments if I deferred, now it's looking like I'd have been better off just leaving that module and starting afresh, except I'd have already missed the deadlines for two assessments in this module by the 21st November, if we don't hear anything back before then.
Lambert87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That's pathetic!!! They should have just carried your scores over. To be honest I don't think the examination board will come through for you!! Looks like you may have to restart the course. So sorry to tell you :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
ct2k7
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by kjglen24)
That's pathetic!!! They should have just carried your scores over. To be honest I don't think the examination board will come through for you!! Looks like you may have to restart the course. So sorry to tell you :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Glad I'm paying £1250 for nothing then :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (387)
30.91%
The paper was reasonable (491)
39.22%
Not feeling great about that exam... (218)
17.41%
It was TERRIBLE (156)
12.46%

Watched Threads