Cold fish tank query Watch

AdampskiB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys,

I just changed the water on my nan's 70L fish tank. Does any one know if 24 hours is long enough to allow the water to drop to room temperature? I don't have a thermometer so I can only guess. 24 hours sounds long enough, but 70L is quite a large capacity!

The fish are currently sitting in murky water and I want to get them in a healthier tank ASAP!
own
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AdampskiB)
Hi guys,

I just changed the water on my nan's 70L fish tank. Does any one know if 24 hours is long enough to allow the water to drop to room temperature? I don't have a thermometer so I can only guess. 24 hours sounds long enough, but 70L is quite a large capacity!

The fish are currently sitting in murky water and I want to get them in a healthier tank ASAP!
How hot is the water you put in?
Clip
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The temperature won't be the problem - that will drop quite quickly. It will be the chlorine too high and microbes too low.

Depends what kind of fish, really.
AdampskiB
Rep:
?
(Original post by own)
How hot is the water you put in?

(Original post by Clip)
The temperature won't be the problem - that will drop quite quickly. It will be the chlorine too high and microbes too low.

Depends what kind of fish, really.
Sorry, guys! Complete lack of information here. There's two gold fish and one 'sucker' fish (whatever the real name is of those!). I've already put the appropriate amount of de-chlorine stuff in as per the amount of water. The water was standard cold tap water, it was pretty cold when I put it in this afternoon. Microbes????
Clip
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sorry, guys! Complete lack of information here. There's two gold fish and one 'sucker' fish (whatever the real name is of those!). I've already put the appropriate amount of de-chlorine stuff in as per the amount of water. The water was standard cold tap water, it was pretty cold when I put it in this afternoon. Microbes????
Don't worry about it then. I thought they might be tropical fish. With the tropical ones you have to populate the water with bacteria that detox the fish excretions. Goldfish tend to be super hardy and you'll probably be absolutely fine.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
70l sounds far too small for 3 fish :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
AdampskiB
Rep:
?
(Original post by Juno)
70l sounds far too small for 3 fish :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Two of the gold fish are full-size (more or less), however the sucker fish is very small right now. I expect once he reaches half his peak, one of the gold fish will die because they've been around ever since I was ten, or younger (I'm now 21).
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Two of the gold fish are full-size (more or less), however the sucker fish is very small right now. I expect once he reaches half his peak, one of the gold fish will die because they've been around ever since I was ten, or younger (I'm now 21).
Instead of wilfully neglecting them leading to death why don't you just look after them a bit better? Even rehoming is better than murder.

Posted from TSR Mobile
AdampskiB
Rep:
?
(Original post by Juno)
Instead of wilfully neglecting them leading to death why don't you just look after them a bit better? Even rehoming is better than murder.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm confused. I don't think I've portrayed myself to even remotely demonstrate I'm neglecting them. How do you think I've shown this?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (303)
30.95%
The paper was reasonable (395)
40.35%
Not feeling great about that exam... (159)
16.24%
It was TERRIBLE (122)
12.46%

Watched Threads