Is my UCAS good enough? Watch

mai_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey I'm just a bit worried about my UCAS situation a I've just sent off my application and I don't think it's as strong as it should be.
I only got 6 GCSE's C and above and I don't really have many hobbies. My predicted grades are A*AC and I take business, textiles and English at A2. I got a U in my 4th AS and chose not to certificate it and I haven't taken a supplementary option.
I am applying for business marketing and management at uni and I am predicted an A* in business at A2 as I got over90% this year.
Please give me your honest opinion on whether or not I have a strong enough profile, I am applying to AAA-ABB uni's.
cathrg26
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's a mixed profile so it's very hard to judge. Your 1 AS level short, so may be at a disadvantage, and textiles is not a respected A level if I'm being honest. However, I'm not too sure about the competitiveness/admissions of business marketing and management so it's hard to say. You have pretty good predicted grades, and a very good business ums score. Make sure you convey your passion for business in your personal statement and hopefully your reference will be just as good. You'll just have to apply and see. I would hurry though, you don't want to wait too late to apply. Universities have been very generous lately
mai_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have sent off my UCAS today but my personal statement definitely conveyed my passion towards the subject and I've done a lot of work experience with marketing, it's just the gcse's and 4th AS that my main concern is about, but fingers crossed. I shall just hope for the best, I probably should have applied to a couple more low grade entry unis but I just think for 9 grand I should get my money's worth and I'd resist and apply next year if I got no offers

Posted from TSR Mobile
cathrg26
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mai_)
I have sent off my UCAS today but my personal statement definitely conveyed my passion towards the subject and I've done a lot of work experience with marketing, it's just the gcse's and 4th AS that my main concern is about, but fingers crossed. I shall just hope for the best, I probably should have applied to a couple more low grade entry unis but I just think for 9 grand I should get my money's worth and I'd resist and apply next year if I got no offers

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's a good decision. There's no point applying to low universities that you definitely won't enjoy just for the sake of going to university. It's a total waste of money. Good luck with your application anyway
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (491)
31.1%
The paper was reasonable (608)
38.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (258)
16.34%
It was TERRIBLE (222)
14.06%

Watched Threads