There is no forum to help with courses like sport! Watch

User1153575
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
From what I can see on this website, there is no forum to help with courses such as sport and exercise science which I am doing. It's just as important as any other course...so why is there a lack of help on here? Is there anyway of creating a forum for individuals who are studying a sports based subject or sport and exercise science. Thanks.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
First off, there's a lack of any academic help on here, it's mostly just crap discussions about non-issues so don't feel left out.

Second, and don't take this the wrong way, but sports science students typically aren't the most studious type so are less likely to be found on an internet forum looking for and giving out study help.
F1's Finest
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by james1211)
First off, there's a lack of any academic help on here, it's mostly just crap discussions about non-issues so don't feel left out.

Second, and don't take this the wrong way, but sports science students typically aren't the most studious type so are less likely to be found on an internet forum looking for and giving out study help.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=11

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=3

These forums seem very active if you ask me.
nic-nac
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
1) this kind of forum doesn't tend to attract the kind of students on a sports and exercise 'science' course. I'm sure most of the questions you have could be answered by people in the biology section ???
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Notice the distinct lack of interation with those compared with other sections of the site. Half of those sub forums haven't had a single reply to a thread in at least 2 days.
F1's Finest
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Notice the distinct lack of interation with those compared with other sections of the site. Half of those sub forums haven't had a single reply to a thread in at least 2 days.
So you don't think that a lack of replies is better than no replies at all?

At least the people there are getting some advice, lets be clear about that.
F1's Finest
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Pretty much this, i don't know why he's trying to defend TSR's academic status since he's the one who spams every single thread with nonsense like "u r one cheeky" and "strong x to y count"

See for evidence.
Love how you didn't respond to my previous reply.

Instead you attack the poster and not the post.
Kvothe the Arcane
  • Study Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Would a med/biomed/bio student be able to help?
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm afraid that about the closest we have is the life sciences forum, and there are a few sports science threads there http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=631
Captain Jack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by PerkyB)
From what I can see on this website, there is no forum to help with courses such as sport and exercise science which I am doing. It's just as important as any other course...so why is there a lack of help on here? Is there anyway of creating a forum for individuals who are studying a sports based subject or sport and exercise science. Thanks.
Good spot, thanks for letting us know. It might be an idea to start a society or megathread in the most relevant forum to try and bring some fellow sport and exercise science students together, that will help build a group that could later start their own forum if popular enough
User1153575
Rep:
?

That is so stereotypical. You clearly have no idea or concept of the areas we have to learn in sport and exercise science...
User1153575
Rep:
?
(Original post by nic-nac)
1) this kind of forum doesn't tend to attract the kind of students on a sports and exercise 'science' course. I'm sure most of the questions you have could be answered by people in the biology section ???

Hardly...You obviously don't know what it's about.
User1153575
Rep:
?
(Original post by Captain Jack)
Good spot, thanks for letting us know. It might be an idea to start a society or megathread in the most relevant forum to try and bring some fellow sport and exercise science students together, that will help build a group that could later start their own forum if popular enough

Thank you
nic-nac
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hardly...You obviously don't know what it's about.
My housemate studies sport and exercise science as a degree. I said how it was a bit of a soft subject and she went on a rant saying how there's loads of maths and biology involved :rolleyes:
User1153575
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by nic-nac)
My housemate studies sport and exercise science as a degree. I said how it was a bit of a soft subject and she went on a rant saying how there's loads of maths and biology involved :rolleyes:
Not surprised she went on a rant lol - it's no where near a soft subject
Macleod11
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Think it's a pretty good idea, not just this course, other sport related ones too . Haha it can be annoying when people put your subject down as soft. I'm just going into my last year of school, so deciding what to do... I really enjoy sport and want to do something in it, people in my advanced classes are doing physics and medicine and think I'm silly for doing a "soft" subject, when I could be doing "so much more". Funny thing is they'd never be able to do well in PE(in my schools case of course) Your choice has nothing to do with intelligence! Rant over

Posted from TSR Mobile
User1153575
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Macleod11)
Think it's a pretty good idea, not just this course, other sport related ones too . Haha it can be annoying when people put your subject down as soft. I'm just going into my last year of school, so deciding what to do... I really enjoy sport and want to do something in it, people in my advanced classes are doing physics and medicine and think I'm silly for doing a "soft" subject, when I could be doing "so much more". Funny thing is they'd never be able to do well in PE(in my schools case of course) Your choice has nothing to do with intelligence! Rant over

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you want to do something in sport, I would recommend doing a BTEC Diploma if you are better at coursework than exams as the exams are bloody hard at A level. I got a Distinction star in A level subsidiary diploma in sport and now I am resitting at college in an extended diploma in sport and exercise science, just completed my first year and got D* D* again. If you aren't sure of what specific field you want to go in, I recommend doing sport and exercise science as it covers so many subjects such as sports massage, biomechanics, anatomy, physiology, nutrition - there are so many. Fortunately I know what field I am going into so I've got everything on track for uni. I would definitely look at the different range of courses for BTECS in sport subjects though. They are really interesting.
Macleod11
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you want to do something in sport, I would recommend doing a BTEC Diploma if you are better at coursework than exams as the exams are bloody hard at A level. I got a Distinction star in A level subsidiary diploma in sport and now I am resitting at college in an extended diploma in sport and exercise science, just completed my first year and got D* D* again. If you aren't sure of what specific field you want to go in, I recommend doing sport and exercise science as it covers so many subjects such as sports massage, biomechanics, anatomy, physiology, nutrition - there are so many. Fortunately I know what field I am going into so I've got everything on track for uni. I would definitely look at the different range of courses for BTECS in sport subjects though. They are really interesting.
Thanks . I am much better at coursework than exams, well to be honest I'm just bad at revision. I'm in Scotland - no A levels etc.. I've already done my 5 scottish highers so plan to do a couple of advanced highers and just see which unis/courses will be available to me .

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (149)
21.38%
The paper was reasonable (337)
48.35%
Not feeling great about that exam... (132)
18.94%
It was TERRIBLE (79)
11.33%

Watched Threads