The Student Room Group

What are the chances of getting full scholarship for Cambridge University?

Hello!
I come from Croatia. My main interest is theoretical physics, so I'd like to study at DAMTP (Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics) of Cambridge.

My family has some financial issues and studying in England is not cheap, which means that my only option is getting a Full-award scholarship.
What are my chances? If you have any experiences or advices, please feel free to share!

Zero.

You'll be eligible for a tuition fee loan from the government, but as an EU applicant you must fund all the living costs yourself.
Reply 2
Original post by esvenom
Hello!
I come from Croatia. My main interest is theoretical physics, so I'd like to study at DAMTP (Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics) of Cambridge.

My family has some financial issues and studying in England is not cheap, which means that my only option is getting a Full-award scholarship.
What are my chances? If you have any experiences or advices, please feel free to share!

Zero chance :nothing:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Origami Bullets
Zero.

You'll be eligible for a tuition fee loan from the government, but as an EU applicant you must fund all the living costs yourself.

the OP was asking about university scholarships not eu maintainance grants, and there are bursaries for poor EU students now
Reply 4
Original post by esvenom
Hello!

I would imagine that your academic credentials would need to be all top marks e.c.t for you to be considered. Have a look also at the EU bursary you can get through Student Finance and Cambridge own bursary scheme http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/univ/cambridgebursary/2012/eu/

Quick Reply

Latest