?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Deleted
woody-wood
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Your application is quite strong really considering you have lots of broader experiences other than law. The one thing i could only imagine that would put off a law firm is purely that you are not a regular candidate and it could be difficult to gauge where you fit in
happyinthehaze
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You sound like an interesting chap or chapess, but the way you are presenting it to us, the big question I would want an answer to, if I was a recruiter, is how come you travelled extensively over the five years that family reasons kept you near home?

You don't seem to be being straight about something; this is your right but what you are saying doesn't hang together quite.

Of course, your other credentials are great but I would think you will need to explain in a clearer manner your five year 'gap'.
happyinthehaze
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Plus, how come law after five years in ents?
flames234
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Deleted
Crumpet1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why so set on MC/SC, as opposed to one of the renowned entertainment law firms?
happyinthehaze
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would say you need to get some more legal work experience as you don't really have enough to show 'a commitment to law' - you only have the bit you did in your final degree year.

I think you would have to explain where your interest in law was coming from - how come you didn't just apply for a TC in the normal way when you were at Uni? Why the lag between leaving university and now - what happened to your law ambition then/or when did your law ambition develop?
flames234
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Deleted
Crumpet1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by flames234)
Re: entertainment law firms - from my experience and for various reasons, the entertainment industry really isn't for me in the long term.
Even so, it is probably worth applying for firms with that sorts of client-base and speciality department, because they'll find you an interesting candidate. It doesn't mean you have to end up qualifying into that department in the end.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (94)
39.83%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (79)
33.47%
I don't have an opinion (63)
26.69%

Watched Threads