Turn on thread page Beta

COD:Ghosts NTSC……. Will it work? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

Need some advice from those in the know.

I accidentally purchased the NTSC version of COD:Ghosts. Can't send it back as the shipping is too expensive.

Does anyone know if this will work on my xbox 360 S PAL console?

A friend told me it won't. But I'm sure that I've played the NTSC version of Jonhah Lomu Rugby challenge on my Xbox and it worked fine, so I'm a little confused.

I don't want to open it up unless I definitely know it will work as doing so will reduce it resale price.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Only one way to find out.

ReputationRep:
    I think it will work on HDTV's... I'm no expert but importing games and playing on CRT's caused some problems...

ReputationRep:
    It's the US version? You'll have to use the US marketplace to redeem codes or buy DLC I think
    In the same boat with the BF4 PS4 version, the pre order bonus was DLC... but I don't know if it the DLC will work (or even if the game will load) playing in Europe; I have asked on EA forums and will let you know what they say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R1C3W1N3)
    It's the US version? You'll have to use the US marketplace to redeem codes or buy DLC I think
    In the same boat with the BF4 PS4 version, the pre order bonus was DLC... but I don't know if it the DLC will work (or even if the game will load) playing in Europe; I have asked on EA forums and will let you know what they say
    Yea it's the US version. In the end I decided to give it a try and it has worked fine (including the code for the free for all multiplier map). I just had a look at the sales description on ebay and it says that my game is region free. Also, I went through the option to buy the season pass and the currency was in pounds so I'm assuming it connected me to the UK market place.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 17, 2013
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.