bigwhalegambler
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
FOR
BID
DEN

Yeah just fool around, it doesn't have to be serious. Not every relationship has to be serious. Just have have fun and go slowly, and if it gets serious, just talk on where you see it going.
fermelabouche
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by bigwhalegambler)
FOR
BID
DEN

Yeah just fool around, it doesn't have to be serious. Not every relationship has to be serious. Just have have fun and go slowly, and if it gets serious, just talk on where you see it going.
What makes you say it's forbidden?
ZRO
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Depends on your family. Are they strict? Are his family strict? But I think it would be looked down upon as you are both not sikh.
bigwhalegambler
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by fermelabouche)
What makes you say it's forbidden?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21721519
liamjjohnson
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
why are brown relationships always so complicated because of religion and social class? makes me laugh. Ive seen my friends link up with some indian girls and they are indian themselves but wouldnt go any further because they are of a different social class
fermelabouche
Rep:
?
(Original post by ZRO)
Depends on your family. Are they strict? Are his family strict? But I think it would be looked down upon as you are both not sikh.
I'm not entirely sure about his but my family aren't strict, bar my grandma.. I think it would affect her the most as she's quite traditional. My mum's tried to set me up with a hindu guy in the past, although he was hindu punjabi so slightly different I guess.
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I feel this is a bit of a problem with religion, where it seems to separate people unnecessarily. I know some religions say that you should stick to your own, but at the end of the day God gave us free will, so I say you should go with your heart and pursue him if you think it's the right thing to do :yep:
jazzykinks
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You should be fine. This is basically my parents in a nutshell except my dad is Sikh and my mum is Christian (Gujurati). See where it goes
username927016
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by liamjjohnson)
why are brown relationships always so complicated because of religion and social class? makes me laugh. Ive seen my friends link up with some indian girls and they are indian themselves but wouldnt go any further because they are of a different social class
You forgot family/culture.
techno-thriller
Badges: 14
Report 5 years ago
From what I kno, you will probably get disowned.
Study
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by fermelabouche)
Hey,
I like a guy who is pretty much perfect to me. He's from Australia but moved to the UK permanently for work (he's a lawyer) and he's also very good looking.
We get along really well, but he is gujurati while I'm sikh, and I'm not sure whether he would want to get serious with me as I'm not sure if his family would accept it. I know for a fact that mine would, and my grandma would eventually come round to it... Should I even bother pursuing it?
You should check whether he has the same feelings for you first tbh. No point worrying over all this family bull**** if he doesn't.
fermelabouche
Rep:
?
(Original post by Study)
You should check whether he has the same feelings for you first tbh. No point worrying over all this family bull**** if he doesn't.
Yes, he likes me too.
Ggmu!
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by liamjjohnson)
If you don't understand Indian Society, why comment? It has built for thousands of years while western civilisation is still new. There are MANY differences between each varna, sub varna (the word caste is off western origin and seeks to insult the social system) from food, prayer, manners, business conduct, anything you can imagine.

Anyway OP, nothing should stand in your way. You should be wish whoever you want if you feel it's right. Our days of marrying within the same 5 ghams and all that are long gone. Indians are Indians imo.

I have Punjabi Sikhs in my orthodox, Gujarati Hindu family and nobody has been disowned yet.
Posted from TSR Mobile
GoDieOCR
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
do not forget your roots. we are losing Punjab and its mostly because of girls like you that hump any guy. KHALISTAN ZINDABAD
Nomaybeok
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why would you date a non-Sikh guy? You were given the greatest gift of all Sikhism and you're going to bring down your Sikhi to date a non-Sikh guy? Our women were born into equality, why would a woman marry and date into inequality? Not standing up means you're contributing to the problem. How do you expect anyone else to respect Sikhism if you, yourself, don't respect it. Gtfo with your stupid questions. You're not Sikh because you don't know what you have, otherwise you wouldn't be so willing to sacrifice it. You do realize Sikhism is the ONLY belief system in the world that promotes true equality even our first names are interchangeable between men and women. You need to stop being a dumbass and start standing up for what is right. This goes beyond love and dating
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (29)
22.48%
The paper was reasonable (55)
42.64%
Not feeling great about that exam (25)
19.38%
It was TERRIBLE (20)
15.5%

Watched Threads