Ebay bid retraction Watch

Hooby
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Basically the auction ends at 10pm and I am the only bidder, I bid on the item yesterday and then looked at his feedback and realised I shouldn't have bid (I know it was stupid but I'm new to ebay)

I bid on a signed shirt and then found that he has had negatives for the shirts being fake signed (basically by him)

I have been trying to contact him all day by sending messages to his account, email and trying to phone him but he has not responded at all.

What should I do? I gave the reason that I had changed my mind and no longer had the funds to buy the shirt. I also said, in a later message that I would have to give him negative feedback if he did not respond/retract the bid.

PLEASE HELP!!
Caedus
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The solution is rather simple really - don't pay him.
mjohnson29
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?RetractBidShow

You can find all the info you need on the listing
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Caedus)
The solution is rather simple really - don't pay him.
Yeah this. Might have to take a hit to your feedback though.

According to that link you're alright to retract the bid if you've been trying to contact them and received no response.

Good luck.
Hooby
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thanks I have decided that I gave him plenty of opportunites and he's just being a **** therefore I will not be paying him.

I tried the no contact but they said that I couldn't do it via that option something about the bid not being in the last hour. Oh well
Tom_green_day
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well I think you're legally bound to pay if you bid on an item- sorry! But you should probably tell eBay to let them know that the bidder is faking the items, and you might get out of it that way.
Arketec
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Tell them you suspect that it is a forgery and just don't pay.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (1)
14.29%
The paper was reasonable (4)
57.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (1)
14.29%
It was TERRIBLE (1)
14.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed