A level Maths as a Private Candidate Watch

MS10
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm planning to do A level maths as a private candidate however I'm not sure what schools would take me on. I didn't get any AS grades last year so my sixthform wouldn't allow me. My current college said they won't allow me to as well because my timetable doesn't fit as whenever I have a lesson, A level maths classes are on. So I am stuck atm. I haven't contacted any other schools yet and Am I too late?? I really want to do A level maths as im currently studying btec lvl3 IT and want to do computer science at uni. :confused::confused::confused:
Studence
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah computer science normally requires Maths. You may have to end up self teaching maths if you can't find a center to take you on. I'd begin searching online for private exam centres (you'll find that most of them are even local secondary schools), and perhaps even contacting them to see if they would let you go for Maths lessons. But be prepared to put in ALOT of work to catch up if you're wanting to sit both AS/A2 exams next year - if it's edexcel you're looking at, it's 4 core exams and 2 module exams, and trust me they are quite rough (well, the last core exams and module exams tend to be, anyway).
Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (193)
30.3%
The paper was reasonable (256)
40.19%
Not feeling great about that exam... (110)
17.27%
It was TERRIBLE (78)
12.24%

Watched Threads