BA Law at UWS Hamilton campus Watch

s_irshad2784
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi everyone

I looking into options to return to uni on a part time basis to possibly study BA Law. However I would like to hear what current students doing this degree at UWS think of it and how it is delivered by the staff.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Tortious
Badges: 16
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by s_irshad2784)
Hi everyone

I looking into options to return to uni on a part time basis to possibly study BA Law. However I would like to hear what current students doing this degree at UWS think of it and how it is delivered by the staff.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
I'm not a current student, but why do you want to study law?

If it's to become a lawyer I believe you'd need to do an LLB rather than a BA, otherwise your law degree won't be a "Qualifying Law Degree" and you'll have to do a conversion course. (QLDs cover specific content so you're exempt from the conversion course.)
s_irshad2784
Rep:
?
Thanks for getting back to me. I'm not planning on studying the LLB as I don't want to train as a solicitor. I just want to study a overall legal course so to speak with out being restricted to the modules required by the law society of Scotland which is generally the case with LLB courses. Hope this explains.

QUOTE=Tortious;45194584]I'm not a current student, but why do you want to study law?

If it's to become a lawyer I believe you'd need to do an LLB rather than a BA, otherwise your law degree won't be a "Qualifying Law Degree" and you'll have to do a conversion course. (QLDs cover specific content so you're exempt from the conversion course.)[/QUOTE]
David098890
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, I'm currently studying the BA Law & Business and rather unamused at the whole thing. Since the degree was changed from just Law to now Law & Business, I've found it extremely annoying as, in my first year all I seem to be doing is Business, in fact, out of all my 6 modules in first year, only one is Law. Looking at the modules for the remaining years of study however, this does balance itself out and modules are more Law related as you progress.
s_irshad2784
Rep:
?
(Original post by David098890)
Hi, I'm currently studying the BA Law & Business and rather unamused at the whole thing. Since the degree was changed from just Law to now Law & Business, I've found it extremely annoying as, in my first year all I seem to be doing is Business, in fact, out of all my 6 modules in first year, only one is Law. Looking at the modules for the remaining years of study however, this does balance itself out and modules are more Law related as you progress.
<br />
<br />

Hi there

Thanks for your reply. I had noticed that the course is now law and business as opposed to law. How have you found the law modules deilvered? How are the facilities in general at Hamilton ie library etc.

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (56)
5.71%
Fairly positive (304)
31.02%
Just another year... (388)
39.59%
Is it 2020 yet? (232)
23.67%

Watched Threads