The Student Room Group

Is grinding cheating?

Would you consider grinding on a guy, cheating if the girl has a boyfriend?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
I wouldn't say it was cheating, but merely frowned upon
I recommend getting rid of the comma and adding an 'as' between 'guy' and 'cheating'.

On topic, possibly. It's unsuitable behaviour to do with someone else if you are already in a relationship, whatever way you look at it.
I'd say nearly always yes. But it can depend on the situation.
yeah I probably would
Reply 6
No
Yes
Yes I would.
Reply 9
Original post by Maid Marian
I recommend getting rid of the comma and adding an 'as' between 'guy' and 'cheating'.

Why do you do this?
Reply 10
Cheating? Maybe not in the strictest sense. Think about what your boyfriend would think if he knew? Would he be happy? Of course not.
If I found out my girlfriend had been 'grinding' on other guys, she wouldn't be my girlfriend any longer.
Reply 11
yes
Reply 12
Yes, no. Or maybe.

It depends how tolerant your partner is.
for me the answer is definitely yes.the question you should ask yourself is would you be upset if he was grinding against a girl.
Reply 14
Definitely not cheating, laughable to say it is.

Though it'd be quite unpleasant to witness your partner doing it with someone else.
Bit of a grey area, but I'd say it depends on the situation. If they're doing it in a jokey way and just messing about, then it's fine, but if there's some clear seduction happening between them, then that's when the line of cheating is being straddled.
Well lets put it this way. If you and your bf went to pizza express for a nice casual dinner, sat down and ordered and your food came, and then you got up and started grinding up on the man on the table to your right, would he spit out his pasta and say 'dafaq are you doing?'. Well then yeah.
Reply 17
only if you pop a boner
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Bit of a grey area, but I'd say it depends on the situation. If they're doing it in a jokey way and just messing about, then it's fine, but if there's some clear seduction happening between them, then that's when the line of cheating is being straddled.

This.
Reply 19
Original post by Usergnome
Cheating? Maybe not in the strictest sense. Think about what your boyfriend would think if he knew? Would he be happy? Of course not.
If I found out my girlfriend had been 'grinding' on other guys, she wouldn't be my girlfriend any longer.

Actually, I'm the boyfriend. I saw a twitter post by her friend about someone grinding on someone, and I'm certain it was my GF, which is why I asked, but either way if I find out it was her she gone, just wanted to see other people opinions.

Quick Reply