Parents and Uni dilemma. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I sent off my ucas recently and I received an offer from Warwick 2 weeks ago . My parents doesn't understand the university system (and a levels) and literally dont know about other top unis except from imperial, ucl and oxbridge. They found out recently that I got an offer from Warwick, but they start getting really angry and say that I get rejected from imperial/ucl? (i wasnt even applying for those) and now I feel like a failure because of that.

What can I do?
Theflyingbarney
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I guess all you can do is try to carefully explain the whole thing to them. Maybe get up some league tables, show them that Warwick is pretty high up etc. Explain the system and that you didn't apply to Imperial or UCL.

Other than that, I'm not sure what you can do :dontknow:
jameswhughes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I sent off my ucas recently and I received an offer from Warwick 2 weeks ago . My parents doesn't understand the university system (and a levels) and literally dont know about other top unis except from imperial, ucl and oxbridge. They found out recently that I got an offer from Warwick, but they start getting really angry and say that I get rejected from imperial/ucl? (i wasnt even applying for those) and now I feel like a failure because of that.

What can I do?
Try explain to them that Warwick's also a top university along with those that you mentioned... you certainly haven't failed in any way, don't feel bad about it.

In fact - "Warwick, Oxford, Cambridge, LSE and Imperial College London are the only universities which have never been out of the Top 10 in the British League tables."
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (491)
31.1%
The paper was reasonable (608)
38.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (258)
16.34%
It was TERRIBLE (222)
14.06%

Watched Threads