English Language 2014 Applicants Watch

gracewilliamss
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey, has anyone applied for English Language to go to uni 2014?

I sent my UCAS off Wednesday applying for deferred entry to 2015:
Lancaster
Edinburgh
Glasgow
Newcastle
Sheffield Hallam

Getting scared that I haven't had any offers yet and all my friends got them the next day after applying but I don't know anyone doing English Language.

Is it normal that I haven't had any offers yet? Has anyone applied for English Language and got any offers?
harleynight
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You won't get offers the day after you send your UCAS off. It can take up to the end of March and often will. Most unis don't reply until January at the earliest.
The Empire Odyssey
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well, your UCAS goes to your school/college, then whoever is in charge of your PS and UCAS applications, then sends it off, attaching your references. This could take up to 1 day, to two weeks in some cases. So until, your teacher/tutor/adviser has sent it off, you won't hear from anyone just yet.

If you don't get a UCAS letter-thing through the post, go and see your tutor about your UCAS application.

PS: I've applied for English Language and Literature/English Lit and Linguistics at:

Uni of Kent
Uni of Essex
Swansea Uni
Edge Hill Uni
Nottingham Trent Uni
gracewilliamss
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cool_JordH)
Well, your UCAS goes to your school/college, then whoever is in charge of your PS and UCAS applications, then sends it off, attaching your references. This could take up to 1 day, to two weeks in some cases. So until, your teacher/tutor/adviser has sent it off, you won't hear from anyone just yet.

If you don't get a UCAS letter-thing through the post, go and see your tutor about your UCAS application.

PS: I've applied for English Language and Literature/English Lit and Linguistics at:

Uni of Kent
Uni of Essex
Swansea Uni
Edge Hill Uni
Nottingham Trent Uni
Yeah I meant that it had been sent by the school

I got three offers this week
Lancaster (AAB)
Glasgow (AAB)
Sheffield Hallam (300 points)

They came in only 3 days!
Good luck with yours!
gracewilliamss
Rep:
?
(Original post by harleynight)
You won't get offers the day after you send your UCAS off. It can take up to the end of March and often will. Most unis don't reply until January at the earliest.

Well I have 3 offers now, they came in 4 days so it seems pretty quick! I guess it can depend.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (206)
22.17%
The paper was reasonable (395)
42.52%
Not feeling great about that exam... (178)
19.16%
It was TERRIBLE (150)
16.15%

Watched Threads