M214 - Motion on Morrissey and the civil judicial process Watch

This discussion is closed.
Jarred
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
M214 - Motion on Morrissey and the civil judicial process, The Hon. barnetlad MP
This House notes the comments made by Mr Steven Patrick Morrissey in his book 'Autobiography' about the judiciary and his feeling that he was a person who along with John Maher (aka Johnny Marr) was a victim of a civil miscarriage of justice. This House should not panic, but take these comments as worth further consideration instead of as if it was really nothing. The comments are made by a man who is an inspiration to many, including Mr David Cameron, who admires Mr Morrissey despite his song 'Margaret on the Guillotine'. This House therefore wishes to see Mr Morrissey's comments about the competence of the judge the subject of proper independent investigation, with recommendations on the conduct of civil cases in the UK
Birchington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Morrissey is a legend.
St. Brynjar
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Morrissey is a complete helmet.
Donniee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Can someone explain to me what this is about? I haven't been fortunate enough to read his autobiography.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This is about the case brought by the drummer of the Smiths for 25 per cent of royalties, when Johnny Marr and Morrissey wrote the songs and indeed formed the band. A similar case took place between members of Spandau Ballet a short while after and a very different outcome happened.

There is a process for reviewing criminal cases and I wonder if there should be one for civil cases.
PhysicsKid
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Can someone fill me in? What's this about haha
Superunknown17
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Aye. Morrissey is a tool.
Clip
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by St. Brynjar)
Morrissey is a complete helmet.
St Brynjar, my new hero.
Jjj90
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He's a legend. 2nd best lyricist ever. Controversial only by todays feeble standards, he's punk, he might not look it, but he exemplifies what punk is; the balls, the pride and the belief in his opinions and a conviction to voice them. No wonder rock music is going to ****, the very attitude that it used to pride itself on is being upheld by a 54 year old and nobody else.
Jarred
Rep:
?
This is in cessation.
Jarred
Rep:
?
Division! Clear the lobby!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (491)
31.1%
The paper was reasonable (608)
38.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (258)
16.34%
It was TERRIBLE (222)
14.06%

Watched Threads