?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
ii
cathrg26
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I just got my Birmingham (Economics) place yesterday too! I haven't applied for Lancaster so in your case I would choose Birmingham. I live not too far away from London, so in terms of location I think Lancaster is a little too far for me. From all the videos I've watched it seems like a lovely area with the Lake District and everything, but I prefer cities. Both are very good universities, Lancaster does apparently have a better accommodation and business school. Birmingham's accommodation is by far the most expensive out of all the universities I have applied to, but I would still choose it over Lancaster
cathrg26
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RamanaA)
Ahh well done! Are you thinking of firming/insuring Birmingham? And thanks for the advice
Thank you! Congrats to you as well. I missed the open day so I haven't had a proper look at the university yet. Have you received your portal login yet? I quite like Surrey, so I think it might be my firm which would make Birmingham too high for my insurance as it's AAA. My opinions might change on the applicant day though. Where else have you applied?
pureandmodest
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Birmingham
cathrg26
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No I haven't, but I suppose that's because the offer came on Friday so we may receive it on Monday? Apart from Birmingham and Lancaster I've also applied to Sheffield, which is quite attractive. I've also put down Queen Mary and Brunel as well as they are closer to home and are 'safer' options, what about you?
True, no email from them yet. Oh cool, have you heard back from any of the others yet? I have offers from Kent (likely to be my insurance), UEA and Surrey(probably firm) as well. I'm waiting for York now.
cathrg26
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What's your reason behind the decision though?

No not yet, but I only sent mine off on Monday so there's still a bit of time left before i panic haha :P
Haha, well good luck with all the ucas stuff anyway, you'll probably hear from them really soon. There's an Economics Offers Page this year by the way, you might find it useful.
Classical Liberal
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Brum - it is massive city, with lots of job opportunities and culture, and has the best campus in the UK.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (480)
30.91%
The paper was reasonable (601)
38.7%
Not feeling great about that exam... (256)
16.48%
It was TERRIBLE (216)
13.91%

Watched Threads