Importing PS4 games Watch

R1C3W1N3
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys, are you or have you imported video games?

The PS4 is region free but developers can lock certain games; the same case with the PS3 and only a couple of titles were region locked.

BF4, according to playasia (waiting for EA confirmation) has no region encoding...if I import the game it should work fine?

DLC and promo codes are only redeemable from the US store, but that can be done anyway?
aroniglenn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey

There's not really any profit to be made on importing PS4 games (or any video games for that matter) as businesses like Amazon and Play.com sell at cost to gain market share. I guess if you get in their early you could make a few quid on eBay if there's no other sellers on there - act fast though as delivery from US isn't going to be that quick necessarily
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by aroniglenn)
Hey

There's not really any profit to be made on importing PS4 games (or any video games for that matter) as businesses like Amazon and Play.com sell at cost to gain market share. I guess if you get in their early you could make a few quid on eBay if there's no other sellers on there - act fast though as delivery from US isn't going to be that quick necessarily
Who said anything about selling?
R1C3W1N3
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by aroniglenn)
Hey

(Original post by ozzyoscy)
Who said anything about selling?
Games are alot cheaper in the US/Asia
I'm buying one game since it's almost £50, but a few friends and cousins are considering importing around ten titles, I could spend £80 get two...we'll each save £10 and £120 in total (excl delivery; which shouldn't add too much)

The game will work, it's just DLC i'm worried about...
-TheSpecialOne-
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by R1C3W1N3)
Games are alot cheaper in the US/Asia
I'm buying one game since it's almost £50, but a few friends and cousins are considering importing around ten titles, I could spend £80 get two...we'll each save £10 and £120 in total (excl delivery; which shouldn't add too much)

The game will work, it's just DLC i'm worried about...
You can just buy DLC on the US store, it's still in effect on any account across the console.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (200)
22.55%
The paper was reasonable (403)
45.43%
Not feeling great about that exam... (165)
18.6%
It was TERRIBLE (119)
13.42%

Watched Threads