Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Sazh
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Can't you re-apply to halls the next year? Of course first year get priority, but if you do it early then you can get in. In any case, there should be places available for your requirements, so I guess I wouldn't really worry about it now, unless you're applying to halls.
Hedgeman49
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Some unis run speed flat mating events where you can go and meet a load of people and pick some that are similar to yourself. It may not be for you but it's an option
fermelabouche
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Sazh)
Can't you re-apply to halls the next year? Of course first year get priority, but if you do it early then you can get in. In any case, there should be places available for your requirements, so I guess I wouldn't really worry about it now, unless you're applying to halls.
I'm not sure I'd want to live in halls again, but it is definitely an option. Would I be able to apply to halls but still look at a houseshare? And decline halls if I managed to find somewhere else to live/people to live with?
(Original post by Hedgeman49)
Some unis run speed flat mating events where you can go and meet a load of people and pick some that are similar to yourself. It may not be for you but it's an option
This is great. I'll look in to it. Thanks
Sazh
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by fermelabouche)
I'm not sure I'd want to live in halls again, but it is definitely an option. Would I be able to apply to halls but still look at a houseshare? And decline halls if I managed to find somewhere else to live/people to live with?

This is great. I'll look in to it. Thanks
I'm a first year and I applied to halls but even before a month moving in I got the option to decline and look for private accomadation...So yeah maybe.
rockrooster
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've heard of some housing companies from my uni area that do single flats for student accommodation - It's rare but you never know! Look around to see if any companies around your area offer them
OneDayDoctor
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How about a studio room? Lots of halls have them, so it'd be easy to find one. The only issue with them is the expense. Worth a look though
nic-nac
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd live with your cousin, it'll probably be cheaper and you won't have the hassle of freshers going out partying. A guy on my course who I'm friends with is in catered halls, meaning its set out like a hotel where rooms are completely separate, not set out in little flats. He's never met the people in the rooms next to him. Plus in class He only really hangs around with me and one other guy. He's thinking of moving back home and commuting next year.
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Could you try and find a spare room with some postgrads or final year undergrads?
scrotgrot
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't panic about houses, slum landlords pretend the stock gets used up by November to panic impressionable kids into signing for poorly maintained, mouse-dropping-filled hovels. There is plenty of time throughout the year to find a house; while it does depend on the size of the city and the location of the student ghetto, most people in Southampton don't get a house till February or March.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (57)
27.4%
The paper was reasonable (76)
36.54%
Not feeling great about that exam... (40)
19.23%
It was TERRIBLE (35)
16.83%

Watched Threads