Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!
    I'm just about ready to send my UCAS application off for my five choices of general policing degrees but I thought it would be a good idea to find out about the nightlife at each of them... so if anyone is a student at any of the following university's then please give me a heads up on what the nightlife is like and how you find the university itself! These are my five university choices in order:
    • Staffordshire (stoke-on-trent campus)
    • Buckinghamshire
    • Birmingham City
    • West London
    • Wolverhampton

Thank you in advance to anyone that gives me any information!!

ReputationRep:
    At Stoke, there are 2 nightclubs on campus and it's a 10 minute bus ride to Hanley which has all the club's. It's got some of your basic chains like walkabout and others only place I know about

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I should imagine West London would have a good range of night life, being in... y'know... London

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luketssf)
    I should imagine West London would have a good range of night life, being in... y'know... London
    But surely not as good as High Wycombe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bgarnett)
    At Stoke, there are 2 nightclubs on campus and it's a 10 minute bus ride to Hanley which has all the club's. It's got some of your basic chains like walkabout and others only place I know about

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh that sounds brill! Personally thought Stoke would have had a crappy nightlife but I feel much better knowing that there's actually quite a bit there! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham will probably have the best nightlife out of all of those. London is also decent, but you'll have to factor in the cost of going out in London (substantially higher - this is the land of the £5 pint) and that you'll be a moderate distance out from the centre.

ReputationRep:
    West London will be the best if you have money and are willing to travel a bit. I'd imagine Birmingham will be 2nd and a lot easier to navigate but am speaking on assumption, not experience!

ReputationRep:
    I definitely think Birmingham has the best nightlife out of those options. Birmingham City itself, I have to say, doesn't have an amazing campus when compared to other universities. However, their courses and staff are amazing, and the city overall is incredible.

There are a lot of opportunities there, and things like the German Market comes around in Christmas, you have the bullring with shopping stores, Birmingham Literature Festivals, concerts at the Symphony Hall, theatres - and it's all at a pretty decent price!

Stoke probably has the least exciting nightlife. It's pretty quiet up there, not really a good place for city life.

London is the most expensive out of the five without a doubt. I would consider it to be pretty good, but honestly, it's freaking expensive there! You wouldn't be able to go out often considering you would be a student.

Definitely recommend my city, Birmingham. I've lived here all my life, so I'm aware of all the things they offer - I'm even surprised sometimes when I find out there are things that I actually missed! There's so many things to do here. You really start to take the city for granted when you always have these opportunities available.

For example, I went on an open day to Keele and Worcester and found out about the lack of city life there. Keele didn't even have ONE cinema!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nguyenj)
    I definitely think Birmingham has the best nightlife out of those options. Birmingham City itself, I have to say, doesn't have an amazing campus when compared to other universities. However, their courses and staff are amazing, and the city overall is incredible.

There are a lot of opportunities there, and things like the German Market comes around in Christmas, you have the bullring with shopping stores, Birmingham Literature Festivals, concerts at the Symphony Hall, theatres - and it's all at a pretty decent price!

Stoke probably has the least exciting nightlife. It's pretty quiet up there, not really a good place for city life.

London is the most expensive out of the five without a doubt. I would consider it to be pretty good, but honestly, it's freaking expensive there! You wouldn't be able to go out often considering you would be a student.

Definitely recommend my city, Birmingham. I've lived here all my life, so I'm aware of all the things they offer - I'm even surprised sometimes when I find out there are things that I actually missed! There's so many things to do here. You really start to take the city for granted when you always have these opportunities available.

For example, I went on an open day to Keele and Worcester and found out about the lack of city life there. Keele didn't even have ONE cinema!

Thanks for all the info, definitely making Birmingham sound like the place to be! However out of the three that I have visited so far (London, Birmingham and Buckinghamshire) Bucks definitely has the best course for me and the best value for money so fingers crossed, the nightlife will be pretty decent too. Thanks for all of your info though!

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.