The Student Room Group

Nightlife

Hey everyone!
I'm just about ready to send my UCAS application off for my five choices of general policing degrees but I thought it would be a good idea to find out about the nightlife at each of them... so if anyone is a student at any of the following university's then please give me a heads up on what the nightlife is like and how you find the university itself! These are my five university choices in order:

Staffordshire (stoke-on-trent campus)

Buckinghamshire

Birmingham City

West London

Wolverhampton

Thank you in advance to anyone that gives me any information!!
Reply 1
Original post by jaimebe
Hey everyone!
I'm just about ready to send my UCAS application off for my five choices of general policing degrees but I thought it would be a good idea to find out about the nightlife at each of them... so if anyone is a student at any of the following university's then please give me a heads up on what the nightlife is like and how you find the university itself! These are my five university choices in order:

Staffordshire (stoke-on-trent campus)

Buckinghamshire

Birmingham City

West London

Wolverhampton

Thank you in advance to anyone that gives me any information!!

I'm a first year at Birmingham City and out of the list you've given - maybe bar London - I reckon its got the best nightlife, 10 minute taxi into the city centre and you've got decent nights pretty much every day of the week.

Decent uni depending on what you're doing, but good for business related subjects. I like it mainly because my accomodation is 5 mins from the Uni.
The thing about London unis is that whilst the nightlife in London is great, it's not always brilliant for a uni student.

Firstly, most unis aren't that close to the best nightlife spots, whereas outside of London, most unis are pretty central and therefore close to some nightlife. Having to travel to go out means things can be a bit less spontaneous, and you're more tied to what other people want to do. There is public transport all night, but it does get more patchy overnight, so getting home can be a bit of a pain as taxis aren't really affordable.

Also, nightlife in London can be very expensive compared to the rest of the UK. Most clubs charge for entry, and then drinks are still really expensive. The better/more well known clubs are really extortionate. As a student in London, you're often really skint, as accomadation is more expensive, and a lot of things seem to cost more.

I'm not saying London doesn't have good nightlife, it just doesn't always suit what students want to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending