The Student Room Group

Ran away!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arketec
The conditions were horrific and the exploitation is shocking to western eyes.

its disgusting. but it also happens here on a different scale. and more hiddenly.
Please don't move to Nigeria! Like others have said, it's not a safe country to go to.

You don't need to leave the UK at all. You can get help from various charities here in UK. A quick google search came up with this: http://www.karmanirvana.org.uk/help-me/

They'll help you find accommodation and provide you with the support you need.

You're both at university. It's not a good idea to abandon your degrees and move to a foreign country with only a limited amount of money and no real plan for getting a job. Stay in the UK and finish your degree. It's only a matter of a couple of years. You can move away after finishing your degree if your families are still giving you a hard time.
Original post by jennifer.tariah

if you would visit a country based on their homicide rates, you wouldn't go anywhere at all.
Erm, well presumably someone from the UK would be fine visiting the 40 countries that have lower murder rates than here, maybe they'd even brave the ones with somewhat higher murder rates. But I think 10 times higher is probably pushing it.

Besides, I'm sure high murder rates isn't the only reason not to elope to Nigeria, I mean there's the weak economy, the physical distance from the UK, the short life expectancy and so forth - I merely wished to suggest one possible reason for not doing so.
Original post by 90pies an hour
Batley...

Wooh. Yorkshire! Actually, I think that's a pretty safe bet, considering that it's a pretty "white" area, or where I'm at atm. I swear that I'm 1 of two Pakistanis here :tongue:
Time to go home
Original post by Anonymous
We aren't sure what to do.... We have our passports and enough money from student finance. We are thinking Africa as no one could find us there!

I don't think you need to go that far, plus Nigeria is pretty conservative/religious so you'll be fleeing one problem related to that and into another.
Reply 86
Original post by The Polymath
OP is planning on cashing in on all of those Nigerian inheritance/bank transfer offers.

:rofl:

But seriously OP, why not stay in the UK but move to a different area fairly far away from where you are now? Or to somewhere else that isn't quite so far away as Nigeria. Also, if you have no family in Nigeria and you don't know the country very well then what will you do when you get there?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending