Degree for investment banking Watch

REASON_Lighters
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi all, I want to be an investment banker.

I am doing A Levels in Maths,FM,Chemistry and Physics.

But I don't know what degree to do/take.

I.e. at some unis i.e. Cambridge the most relevant course I have found is straight up Economics. So what I'm really asking is what is the best/relevant undergrad degree to take and where would it be best to take it.

Kind Regards

-Nate
B-Stacks
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Choose a degree you would like to study for 3 years, but at a top uni. Ideally a quantitative degree, but really it doesn't matter. Just go to a top uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
REASON_Lighters
Rep:
?
(Original post by B-Stacks)
Choose a degree you would like to study for 3 years, but at a top uni. Ideally a quantitative degree, but really it doesn't matter. Just go to a top uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you for your reply. By top uni - top 5 so lse Oxbridge Warwick UCL etc.

Would economics be okay for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Commercial Paper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by REASON_Lighters)
Thank you for your reply. By top uni - top 5 so lse Oxbridge Warwick UCL etc.

Would economics be okay for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes Economics is fine. The key to breaking in though is being crazy proactive, a degree from a top uni on its own will never cut it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Selym95
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by will2348)
The key to breaking in though is being crazy proactive, a degree from a top uni on its own will never cut it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This.

Unfortunately, getting into a target doesn't make the world your oyster; the reality is that it is just another stepping stone. I know countless people studying rigorous degrees from Oxbridge who didn't even manage to get Spring Week placements
REASON_Lighters
Rep:
?
(Original post by will2348)
Yes Economics is fine. The key to breaking in though is being crazy proactive, a degree from a top uni on its own will never cut it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh right I see. So in addition to studying, I would have to get a placement. Do you know if I should get work experience in the summer holidays. I am in year 13 at the moment and I intend to take a gap year.
REASON_Lighters
Rep:
?
(Original post by Selym95)
This.

Unfortunately, getting into a target doesn't make the world your oyster; the reality is that it is just another stepping stone. I know countless people studying rigorous degrees from Oxbridge who didn't even manage to get Spring Week placements
Yeah idd, it seems that getting placements/work experience is even more competitive than Oxbridge medicine lol.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (163)
22.3%
The paper was reasonable (348)
47.61%
Not feeling great about that exam... (136)
18.6%
It was TERRIBLE (84)
11.49%

Watched Threads