Exam Technique Watch

Veqz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi all,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my essays. Whenever I get my essay back from my teacher, she nearly always tells me I need more facts and to expand my points more. However, when I do this I always seem to run out of time. In the exam I need to write 2 essays in an hour and a half; whereas at the moment it takes me an hour or so just to write one. I can't seem to balance the amount of detail required with the time frame.

I was just wondering if anybody had any tips which could help me!
TSR Learn Together
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
wildleaves
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is it cos u sit around thinking for too long or are u a slow writer ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
generaljonny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What level are we talking about? I presume A Level.

Don't scatter-gun facts without relevant analysis otherwise you'll come across as too overly-descriptive dumping all of your knowledge.

It is indeed hard to fit everything in the timeframe. When I did my A levels it was difficult because of the time constraints but knowledge of the material will inevitably speed up your answering. The problem then is going the other way, not finishing because you want to get everything in.

Since your question was very general I can only give some vague advice. Make sure you keep writing these practice essays - there is only a finite number of things they can ask you especially at A level so odds are by the time the exam comes around you would have done a question similar if not the same as the one they ask you.

If you need anymore advice, or if anyone studying history does message me. I'm doing it at university now!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (189)
22.74%
The paper was reasonable (383)
46.09%
Not feeling great about that exam... (154)
18.53%
It was TERRIBLE (105)
12.64%

Watched Threads