Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

As the title suggests i am going to a festival. I'm going next month and its in Spain so it's going to be very hot.

Obviously the usual rules about wellies don't apply (luckily!) but i was wondering if there's anything in particular people would suggest to bring? I've got the basics down.

Oooh i'll be camping it up if that makes any difference!

One question specifically regarding my hair. I'm going to be away for 9 days, and i have afro hair which can be quite high maintenance. Do you think it makes sense to get my hair done in plaits (i might get extensions but my hair is long enough not to) which would mean i wouldn't have to bother with it?

Any advice much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Benicassim I assume, from what i understand you do get girls spend time at the powerpoints using hair straigteners etc not your archetypal festival but remember don't overload, if your bags are heavy you will die in the heat carrying it to and from the station, personally i wouldnt bother remember that in that heat you'll be throwing yourself under that showers 2-3 times a day to cool off, plus afro hair can be way cool :P best way make a list of everything you think you might want to take and then cut it down to try and adhere to weight limits on the plain, i'm taking one big holdall on rollers (bottom compartment has my tent) and one back pack

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calazviel)
    Benicassim I assume, from what i understand you do get girls spend time at the powerpoints using hair straigteners etc not your archetypal festival but remember don't overload, if your bags are heavy you will die in the heat carrying it to and from the station, personally i wouldnt bother remember that in that heat you'll be throwing yourself under that showers 2-3 times a day to cool off, plus afro hair can be way cool :P best way make a list of everything you think you might want to take and then cut it down to try and adhere to weight limits on the plain, i'm taking one big holdall on rollers (bottom compartment has my tent) and one back pack
    Yup Beni is the one

I'm taking the same but letting my guy friend carry the tent! I will not be bring straighteners. **** that i'm there for the atmosphere/music even though i want to look good as well.

Afro hair may be cool..an afro is not. Neither is ratty nastry looking hair lol.

A list sounds like a good idea.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    magicool spray, sun cream, midge repellent???

ReputationRep:
    Baby wipes. Craploads of baby wipes.
    Large 1.5/2 litre bottles of water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nabiha87)
    magicool spray, sun cream, midge repellent???
    I have magicool! need sun cream but quite low factor...must get midge repellent.

And thanks Mad Vlad water should be dirt cheap there i'll be drinking loads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    I have magicool! need sun cream but quite low factor...must get midge repellent.

And thanks Mad Vlad water should be dirt cheap there i'll be drinking loads.
    Be careful with the low factor sun cream. I'd choose a fairly medium level of protection because otherwise you probably will burn and its not comfortable being at a festival and being burnt. You're there for the music, not the sun tan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Be careful with the low factor sun cream. I'd choose a fairly medium level of protection because otherwise you probably will burn and its not comfortable being at a festival and being burnt. You're there for the music, not the sun tan.
    I appreciate your concern but that came over as very patronising.

I'm black and i don't go anywhere for a suntan thanks very much. I only use low factor sun cream because i have never burnt in my life despite being in Brazil and Cuba. I do not need to use high factor sun cream (i.e. above 15 SPF). I could get away with using non at all, but i want to protect my skin from aging, not the sun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    I appreciate your concern but that came over as very patronising.

I'm black and i don't go anywhere for a suntan thanks very much. I only use low factor sun cream because i have never burnt in my life despite being in Brazil and Cuba. I do not need to use high factor sun cream (i.e. above 15 SPF). I could get away with using non at all, but i want to protect my skin from aging, not the sun.
    My bad.

ReputationRep:
    I've been to a few festivals abroad.. as a bloke it's different as i generalyl live in a pair of shorts. but;

buy ultrasun, it's a type of sun cream you put on once, in the morn, and it dosn't rub off (trust me, i worked in portugal for 3months pulling banana boats etc, constantly in water, surfed most of the time too).

Go for the plaits too. tbh it aint much different to festivals over here, just make sure you drink loads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erk)
    I've been to a few festivals abroad.. as a bloke it's different as i generalyl live in a pair of shorts. but;

buy ultrasun, it's a type of sun cream you put on once, in the morn, and it dosn't rub off (trust me, i worked in portugal for 3months pulling banana boats etc, constantly in water, surfed most of the time too).

Go for the plaits too. tbh it aint much different to festivals over here, just make sure you drink loads.
    Cool, thanks for the advice

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.