Best waxing stuff? Watch

OneDayDoctor
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi

Just wondering if anyone on here can help me? I want to start waxing my legs and underarms but I have no idea where to start or what to look for? I currently shave every other day (partly because my legs itch like crazy if I don't but mostly because I have really dark hair and really pale skin!) and I'd really rather not have to do that! Also, I seem to be in a phase where I cut myself whilst shaving a lot and it hurts

Can anyone recommend any products? I want something relatively cheap- I'm a poor student :P but something that will work. I've tried creams before but all they did was cause a reaction, even after I'd tested them!

Thanks
littlesmurfette
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Epilator is best. I haven't used one for a while (what can I say- poor pain threshold) but the results do last. Plus you won't have to keep buying wax/waxing strips etc. You can get them for under £30. BRAUN do a decent one.
breezer431
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I tried those veet wax strips and they were awful! i followed the instructions, etc... but when it came to ripping it off a tiny bit of hair came off but then just left all the sticky crap on my leg which was such a hassle to get off.

I'll definitely like some advice on products too!
romaleos2
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by breezer431)
I tried those veet wax strips and they were awful! i followed the instructions, etc... but when it came to ripping it off a tiny bit of hair came off but then just left all the sticky crap on my leg which was such a hassle to get off.

I'll definitely like some advice on products too!
Haha I know right!
What I do is just use their little wiping tissue thing with that oily substance, helps get the sticky stuff off
breezer431
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i tried using the wiping tissue but i don't know what i did - turned into a disaster! lol
LolaLowe
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
epilators HURT! It's like rubbing broken glass into your skin!

best to do waxing legs with a girlfriend, other people get a better result than doing it yourself. For bikini line get yourself good tweezers and pluck! Armpits I have only ever had done by a professional, but its something you can do with a friend (but ouch!)
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Look into sugaring; it's almost exactly the same as waxing except you use a water, lemon juice and sugar paste thing. Just make sure you're near a sink and you have at least an hour or two to do it. You get used to the technique really quickly, plus it doesn't hurt as much as waxing does. I did my legs and arms last night and I couldn't stop rubbing my legs together. I love love looooooooooove it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (4)
36.36%
The paper was reasonable (2)
18.18%
Not feeling great about that exam... (1)
9.09%
It was TERRIBLE (4)
36.36%

Watched Threads