I rarely have crushes Watch

phunky_fresh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
In secondary school my friends had crushes on guys in other classes/ years that they had never spoken to. There were never guys I saw and thought wow and started crushing on. My friends thought I was a bit weird at one point and I lied and said I liked this guy in our year. He was the first person I saw when I looked out the window to be honest. My friends never let me forget. Even to this day I rarely see guys and think oh he's hot! *blush*. I feel like the odd one out when my friends are having a rant about a celebrity or a guy they have seen. I've never really taken much interest in celebs.

I usually fall for guys that are fairly attractive. Ones I've actually had a conversation with, spent time with and so on. Then from there the crushing begins

Anyone else on the same page?

I don't really use the word crush but hey just for posting purposes ayy!
Emma122
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am like that, to this day only had one crush, I still don't get the gushing people do over another person, its confusing.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Congratulations, you're a lesbian.
Orthonym
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah, I don't feel the appreciation for celebs. I think it's because I'm attracted to guys who look relatively unimpressive because they don't try to draw people's attention or show off. Generally they start off as a friend or acquaintance but then I notice and appreciate their talents/skills/cleverness that they don't try to show off, and start to like them more.
theorangebox
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by phunky_fresh)
In secondary school my friends had crushes on guys in other classes/ years that they had never spoken to. There were never guys I saw and thought wow and started crushing on. My friends thought I was a bit weird at one point and I lied and said I liked this guy in our year. He was the first person I saw when I looked out the window to be honest. My friends never let me forget. Even to this day I rarely see guys and think oh he's hot! *blush*. I feel like the odd one out when my friends are having a rant about a celebrity or a guy they have seen. I've never really taken much interest in celebs.

I usually fall for guys that are fairly attractive. Ones I've actually had a conversation with, spent time with and so on. Then from there the crushing begins

Exact same.

I also find crushes, when I do get them, are quite a personal thing to me. I don't like talking about them to friends. I would never, ever say something like "Oh my god! There's this guy at my work who's so cute, I'm like in love with him" but most girls (and guys) seem okay with this kind of comment. Any chance you're the same as me?
phunky_fresh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emma122)
I am like that, to this day only had one crush, I still don't get the gushing people do over another person, its confusing.
I see what you mean. Why do you find it confusing though?
phunky_fresh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Orthonym)
Yeah, I don't feel the appreciation for celebs. I think it's because I'm attracted to guys who look relatively unimpressive because they don't try to draw people's attention or show off. Generally they start off as a friend or acquaintance but then I notice and appreciate their talents/skills/cleverness that they don't try to show off, and start to like them more.
I'm the same. I don't like when guys are trying to to show off. It's always the ones I notice more for other reasons.
phunky_fresh
Rep:
?
(Original post by theorangebox)
Exact same.

I also find crushes, when I do get them, are quite a personal thing to me. I don't like talking about them to friends. I would never, ever say something like "Oh my god! There's this guy at my work who's so cute, I'm like in love with him" but most girls (and guys) seem okay with this kind of comment. Any chance you're the same as me?
I don't do that lol. When I've liked a guy I've never said " I really like him" or anything along those lines. I will talk about guys Im seeing occasionally but not really go into too much detail about his apperance or how I feel about him.
CJKay
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Orthonym)
Same for me towards women. I, and many people, don't tend to fall for incredibly attractive men or women, but I don't think there's anything wrong or different with that. I don't know why they'd laugh at you for not having crushes though, given how much trouble they cause. :lol:
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
There's nothing wrong with that Everyone's different. I get loads of crushes, unfortunately! Sometimes I wish that I didn't crush so easily! :erm:
Endo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Kudos for your ambitions of legacy: into to the long tradition of inane bullsh*t that no-one could possibly care about, I applaud what appears to be a bar-setting effort.You sound like one of those poorly-scripted American high school-styled multi-regional ensemble of walking stereotypes at Waterloo Road (Operation Yewtree's answer to Hollyoaks). You've just come in to read for the part of "Vapid 11 year old #2" - you nailed it!
beckaroo7
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't think it's unreasonable. Alot of people will only start fancying someone once they get to know them a bit
Emma122
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I see what you mean. Why do you find it confusing though?
well people are just people, and from experience, people I know are gushing over people they only see from a distance, I don't understand the attachment they get. I have never been that hung up over a person and I don't know why other people are
username1277215
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This is so me! It's as if you described me OP.
Harley
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm the exact same. But then when I do fancy someone I really fall for them unfortunately

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (423)
30.28%
The paper was reasonable (551)
39.44%
Not feeling great about that exam... (239)
17.11%
It was TERRIBLE (184)
13.17%

Watched Threads