Help - my hair is yellow, orange and red! Watch

flown_muse
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
As the title!

I have dyed my hair red for a couple of years now, and wanted to go back to my natural brown. Put bleaching kit in my hair today - roots are icy blond, 3 inches are orange then it's lighter red than normal. Eek!

What colour can I put over it? Would a dark chocolate brown work?
smd4std
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
why not ask a hairdresser?
ConsiderScience
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Pics or it didn't happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Emma122
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
sounds cool to me, probably need to go to the hairdressers if you want it fixed but I think you should keep it, sounds interesting
flown_muse
Rep:
?
(Original post by ConsiderScience)
Pics or it didn't happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pic removed.
annie147218
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You could try a product called Colour B4 (which can be bought from Boots) to get rid of the red and then use a semi-permanent brown hair dye for the time being. I've used this stuff to get rid of red in my hair before and was surprised how well it worked. I wouldn't bleach your hair again for a bit.
flown_muse
Rep:
?
(Original post by annie147218)
You could try a product called Colour B4 (which can be bought from Boots) to get rid of the red and then use a semi-permanent brown hair dye for the time being. I've used this stuff to get rid of red in my hair before and was surprised how well it worked. I wouldn't bleach your hair again for a bit.
I'd already started bleaching my hair again before I saw this.... I bleached the ends, they are a little lighter, but still orange. I tried putting a light brown dye on top (L'Oreal 7.3 Florida) assuming the bleached hair would suck up the brown and make it darker, but it has done nothing to my hair. The very base is a light brown, for like a millimetre, then bleach blonde and orange. It's so bad. I'm scared to do anything else to it, I don't want it to fall out! I have a darker brown, "chestnut brown", should I try that tomorrow do you think?
annie147218
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by flown_muse)
I'd already started bleaching my hair again before I saw this.... I bleached the ends, they are a little lighter, but still orange. I tried putting a light brown dye on top (L'Oreal 7.3 Florida) assuming the bleached hair would suck up the brown and make it darker, but it has done nothing to my hair. The very base is a light brown, for like a millimetre, then bleach blonde and orange. It's so bad. I'm scared to do anything else to it, I don't want it to fall out! I have a darker brown, "chestnut brown", should I try that tomorrow do you think?
It may be that the brown you put on is a lighter shade than your current hair colour so it hasn't shown up any different. I don't think the darker chestnut brown would do any harm,unless you are planning on bleaching it out again at a later date. I think Colour B4 is really good at getting rid of red though and creates a better base for colouring over - there are quite a lot of reviews on youtube so you can see people's experiences. I used it myself once and it was like some sort of miracle product as I remember watching my hair turn from auburn to blonde really easily - it was so weird! I hear that trying to bleach out red is very difficult and a lot more damaging. I'm no hair expert though - I've just messed around with my hair a bit. Hope it goes well
flown_muse
Rep:
?
(Original post by annie147218)
It may be that the brown you put on is a lighter shade than your current hair colour so it hasn't shown up any different. I don't think the darker chestnut brown would do any harm,unless you are planning on bleaching it out again at a later date. I think Colour B4 is really good at getting rid of red though and creates a better base for colouring over - there are quite a lot of reviews on youtube so you can see people's experiences. I used it myself once and it was like some sort of miracle product as I remember watching my hair turn from auburn to blonde really easily - it was so weird! I hear that trying to bleach out red is very difficult and a lot more damaging. I'm no hair expert though - I've just messed around with my hair a bit. Hope it goes well
Thanks! Fixed it with chestnut brown:

Pic removed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (423)
30.28%
The paper was reasonable (551)
39.44%
Not feeling great about that exam... (239)
17.11%
It was TERRIBLE (184)
13.17%

Watched Threads