Started talking to a girl, but have huge confidence issues because of disability Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi all really could do with some advice....

I've started chatting to a girl recently, she's great and I want to take the plunge and ask her out on a date.

However, I have a real dark cloud over my head, I have a genetic disability which means that I have weakened joints and in some ways means that I walk with a limp. I haven't mentioned this to her when we've spoken as I feel its best if I say it to her face-to-face, my big worry is that if I mention it now it will make her disengage as if you tell a female 'hereditary genetic illness' its not exactly a winner.....

I've always had this issue and this is my kryptonite capable of making me feel awful. Should I just tell her via out texts and chats? Or do I wait and say it to her when I meet her? At what stage is it best to be honest about this.....

Part of me feels that I'll actually never find anyone because of this, and I am not saying this to elect some sympathy from everyone here... Its just this annoying mental block that I have when it comes to relationships and my condition....

Anyway, would be grateful for any thoughts on this....
Cucurbita
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If she's worth keeping she won't mind
_SchmankleVet_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd tell her before you meet her, just so it doesn't come as a shock and she is prepared. This will her avoid her looking shocked which could have offended you.

But as was said above, if she's worth her salt she won't mind

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (238)
14.84%
The paper was reasonable (895)
55.8%
Not feeling great about that exam... (352)
21.95%
It was TERRIBLE (119)
7.42%

Watched Threads