I'm a schizophrenic get me out of here. Watch

Arketec
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I need to get out of this place. I'm dieing a slow death here. As much as I love the rural life, the peace and quiet, the slow pace and everything I miss being near London. I'm going to move to Oxford and I need somewhere to live. Trouble is I need somewhere that will accept housing benefits. Does anyone know Oxford and if so do they know of any agencies that will accept HB?

Also how good is public transport? Can I come back from London late or first thing in the morning on the train?

What's nightlife like in Oxford itself, I love dancing and I swear I'll keep away from drugs - due to my medical condition - but is there any cool places to go in Oxford?

On an educational note will a university card allow me to get into lectures? I'd like to go to art history lectures but will only be studying part time with the OUDCE.

Erm that's all I think. And it's my 3000th post wahoo. So I thought I'd post a new thread to celebrate. Blah Blah Blah.
username1039383
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I cant.

Also, what has you being schizophrenic got to do with anything? :confused:
Arketec
Rep:
?
(Original post by Secretnerd123)
I cant.
That's ok .... giggle :cool:
Jjj90
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Arketec)
I need to get out of this place. I'm dieing a slow death here. As much as I love the rural life, the peace and quiet, the slow pace and everything I miss being near London. I'm going to move to Oxford and I need somewhere to live. Trouble is I need somewhere that will accept housing benefits. Does anyone know Oxford and if so do they know of any agencies that will accept HB?

Also how good is public transport? Can I come back from London late or first thing in the morning on the train?

What's nightlife like in Oxford itself, I love dancing and I swear I'll keep away from drugs - due to my medical condition - but is there any cool places to go in Oxford?

On an educational note will a university card allow me to get into lectures? I'd like to go to art history lectures but will only be studying part time with the OUDCE.

Erm that's all I think. And it's my 3000th post wahoo. So I thought I'd post a new thread to celebrate. Blah Blah Blah.
You can get around the housing benefits thing. Just don't mention it, tell them you will pay them directly, you get the benefits into your account, as far as the landlord knows you've got a job. A bit underhanded but meh.
Arketec
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jjj90)
You can get around the housing benefits thing. Just don't mention it, tell them you will pay them directly, you get the benefits into your account, as far as the landlord knows you've got a job. A bit underhanded but meh.
I didn't know I could do that. What if they ask am I legally obliged to tell the truth?
Jjj90
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I didn't know I could do that. What if they ask am I legally obliged to tell the truth?
Erm... I'm not sure honestly. I haven't done it but a friend of mine says he got away with it easily, apparently a lot of people do it

Alternately you can simply ask if they'll take you. I used spareroom.co.uk, a lot of people don't accept DSS because they think it will attract the wrong kind of person, so if you just explain that you have a degree (obviously I don't know about your personal situation) and are moving to a new town looking for work they might not mind so much... but thats just an idea.

Also on that site you can filter out anyone that won't take DSS tenants.
Arketec
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jjj90)
Erm... I'm not sure honestly. I haven't done it but a friend of mine says he got away with it easily, apparently a lot of people do it

Alternately you can simply ask if they'll take you. I used spareroom.co.uk, a lot of people don't accept DSS because they think it will attract the wrong kind of person, so if you just explain that you have a degree (obviously I don't know about your personal situation) and are moving to a new town looking for work they might not mind so much... but thats just an idea.

Also on that site you can filter out anyone that won't take DSS tenants.
I'll have a look I do work I have my own business I just do it part time and will be study for a degree part time. Otherwise I just won't tell them.
Jjj90
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'll have a look I do work I have my own business I just do it part time and will be study for a degree part time. Otherwise I just won't tell them.
Oh in that case I'd go for it.
Arketec
Rep:
?
I can't wait to get out this hell hole. :eek:
Arketec
Rep:
?
:bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump:
BWV1007
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Bump on your ass

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (221)
22.97%
The paper was reasonable (430)
44.7%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.09%
It was TERRIBLE (137)
14.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise